Post Quoting

• Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
S

Syndol

When responding to posts, could you please refrain from quoting the whole post. I believe I am smart enough to figure out the context of your reply especially when the replies are within a minute or two of each other. If there is any doubt as to which post/person you are replying to, could you then please only quote the relevant parts of the message. There really is no need to have threads full of LONG quotes of FULL posts. Also, is it really necessary to quote the part of a message that includes a live playing of a YouTube video?
This is a general observation and is not directed at any particular person.
It is just my rant of the day. I'll get over it. Sometime.

When responding to posts, could you please refrain from quoting the whole post. I believe I am smart enough to figure out the context of your reply especially when the replies are within a minute or two of each other. If there is any doubt as to which post/person you are replying to, could you then please only quote the relevant parts of the message. There really is no need to have threads full of LONG quotes of FULL posts. Also, is it really necessary to quote the part of a message that includes a live playing of a YouTube video?

Ok

;-)

Haha, this is a funny rant :ROFLMAO:
Breathe...count to 10...:whistle:

I generally use full quotes when I'm replying to the whole thing, otherwise I shorten it to what I need if it is really long.

Um, no. :p

I think I've censored the word 'autoplay' on my site. I used to hate it when people posted a youtube vid that autoplayed and then when someone quotes it, you have two autoplayed videos playing at the same time.

Brogan was the #1 "Full Post Quote" hater.
When responding to posts, could you please refrain from quoting the whole post.

+Agreed.

This helps a bit :)
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/valvetime-net-quotecollapse.657/

quotecollapse_1-png.29110

+1

I could.

Actually, the only problem I see is that when quoting images or vids, they should automatically be changed to an url like video or something. Unless someone quotes very long posts I don't have a problem with anything else.

IDEA:

If someone full quotes, then it is automatically stripped out entirely, with just a link back to the original post. If someone changes something .... then the quoted post would work as it currently does.

Problem is, you see REPLY link and hit and it auto quotes. Really there should be a REPLY and QUOTE. :X3:

I agree with this first part,

not to mention this second part in this:

And the last part is the best:

Sorry I had too :)

Top Bottom