1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Post # Question

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by m3commish, Aug 22, 2015.

1. m3commish

m3commish Active Member

When viewing a thread from a desktop, you can clearly see the # for each post .. 1, 2, 3, etc. However, when viewing a thread from your cell phone, you can't. Is there a way to view a thread via your cell phone and see the post #'s like on a desktop?

2. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

Yes, the date stamp also does the same thing.

3. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

How?

4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

The ID.

Your post, for example, is 974424.

5. Mr Lucky

How is that the same as post #, which is 3.

This is about post # not ID.

OP is correct, they are not viewable on mobile except inland anemone

Edit: in landscape mode!

6. Steve F

Copy the date link on the left (time stamp)

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/post-question.103688/#post-974424

7. Steve F

And yes the OP was talking about the post number, mis read that but to me it is irrelevant as the date stamp has the same link.

Amaury likes this.
  8. Mr Lucky

ode!
    that still doesn't give you the post # it is the post ID - different things.

9. Mr Lucky

Of course it does, but no use if you want to just say to someone "see post #5" and not use a link which on mobile is sometimes a real faff.

These are two different things. (See my post #5 !)

10. Steve F

You can change it if you wish by simply changing the display: none; in the CSS. From a design stand point the date stamp is more useful.

11. Mr Lucky

It is of course extremely useful (I would say necessary) that the date is there, but it would also be useful if the simple post # was there as it is in non-mobile view)

The date stamp at first just gives how many minutes ago and that of course changes, so it's not as useful to say "see my post of 22 minutes ago" compared with "see post #5"

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015