[WMTech] Post Guard (basic)

[WMTech] Post Guard (basic) 1.1.5

No permission to download
  • /^[^\n]{20,}?$/si (where 20 is the number of characters)
  • /^[^.,\/#!$%\^&\*;:{}=\-_`~()]{20,}?$/si (where 20 is the number of characters)
Do you have a variation for the number of words instead of characters?

• /^[^.,\/#!$%\^&\*;:{}=\-_`~()]{20,}?$/si (where 20 is the number of characters)
What forms of punctuation does this cover? I see no question mark.

@Yugensoft : i want to activate some regular expression only in certain node.
Which file i should modify and how?

Thank you. :)

DataWriter\Discussion\Thread.php & DataWriter\DiscussionMessage\Post.php
Don't know exactly how you'd do it as it's currently beyond scope, but taking Post.php for example, you'd probably call the parent class to get information about which forum it was being posted in, maybe _getForumInfo().

Code:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect string value: '\xCE\xA4\xCE\xBF \xCE...' for column 'error_phrase' at row 1 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Mysqli statement execute error. Is it something that I'm doing wrong?

Code:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect string value: '\xCE\xA4\xCE\xBF \xCE...' for column 'error_phrase' at row 1 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Mysqli statement execute error. Is it something that I'm doing wrong?
What was your error_phrase? Also what's your version of the addon?

DataWriter\Discussion\Thread.php & DataWriter\DiscussionMessage\Post.php
Don't know exactly how you'd do it as it's currently beyond scope, but taking Post.php for example, you'd probably call the parent class to get information about which forum it was being posted in, maybe _getForumInfo().
Thank you, it works. I added this :)

PHP:
           $foruminfo = $this->_getForumInfo();
            if ($foruminfo['node_id'] == 2) {
                if (preg_match('/something/is', $this->get('message'))) {
                    $this->error('The error message');
                }
            }

When I try to convert a Ticket to a thread, then this fails because of a conflict with Tickets by nixfifty. https://xenforo.com/community/resources/tickets.4549/

/convert-to-thread/
This gives an error page with the post guard message.

Post guard gives members a notification modal that they need to adjust their post. For example add line breaks. Members can normally click the modal away. However in this case its just an error page.

When I try to convert a Ticket to a thread, then this fails because of a conflict with Tickets by nixfifty. https://xenforo.com/community/resources/tickets.4549/

/convert-to-thread/
This gives an error page with the post guard message.

Post guard gives members a notification modal that they need to adjust their post. For example add line breaks. Members can normally click the modal away. However in this case its just an error page.

Is converting a ticket to a thread an admin only action? If so I've started work on a Pro version of this add-on, which would allow exclusion of specific groups (e.g. admins).

Otherwise, to debug this clash I'd need a copy of the TIckets addon for dev purposes, with NixFifty's permission (as per license) of course.

I seem to have missed this discussion.

Anyway, could you prevent guards from being checked if the IS_AUTOMATED option is set? That should take care of this. You're welcome to a dev copy of Tickets if you like, feel free to contact me.

Anyway, could you prevent guards from being checked if the IS_AUTOMATED option is set? That should take care of this.

Can do!

Also @Alfa1 can you think of any other add-ons it would be handy to extend this over? I.e. applying it to a creation of an X in addon Y.

Certainly! it would need to be configurable per content type so different content types can have different rules. I would like to see support for:
  1. User Blog System by @Bob
  2. Reviews Management System by @Bob
  3. Article Management System by @Bob
  4. Showcase by @Bob
  5. Vaultwiki by @pegasus (for discussions & comments)
  6. Calendar by @NixFifty
  7. XenForo Resource Manager
  8. XenForo Media Gallery
  9. XenForo User Fields & Custom User Fields (Core)
  10. XenForo Profile Posts (Core)
  11. XenForo Conversations (Core)
  12. TH Thread Ratings by @ThemeHouse
  13. Advanced Reputation & Post Review System (mine)
This would be really useful and would solve a lot of posting problems. Including spamming issues.

1. User Blog System by @Bob
  2. Reviews Management System by @Bob
  3. Article Management System by @Bob
  4. Showcase by @Bob
  5. Vaultwiki by @pegasus (for discussions & comments)
  6. Calendar by @NixFifty
  7. XenForo Resource Manager
  8. XenForo Media Gallery
  9. XenForo User Fields & Custom User Fields (Core)
  10. XenForo Profile Posts (Core)
  11. XenForo Conversations (Core)
  12. TH Thread Ratings by @ThemeHouse
  13. Advanced Reputation & Post Review System (mine)

Orange: can do once I get a dev copy from them;
red: I can't until I acquire those, unless XenForo offers dev copies of those (I guess I could ask but I doubt it);
green: can do;
blue: can do if you provide a copy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom