Lack of interest Post comments on Pages

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Such feature might needed in some cases, but not all the time. Pages are used as static pages after all (or that is how I understand).

This forms part of the whole CMS conversation and currently what XenForo offers is the static pages! In due course this will evolve!

I am already happy with static pages, Internet's vBulletin didn't even quite understand why that needed to be in their CMS...

(I will try and concentrate only on suggestions concerning xenForo, but since I am still not quite over vB4: Internet Brands released their CMS even without thinking of static pages... see here and (with all respect to the developer involved, because he approach us himself about it, but...) this is also quite remarkable that we have to explain to them what static pages actually are :(. Often one get's the feeling we as customers need to take on the role of Product Advisor or constant Beta Tester over there. Frustrating and tiring to say the least... I am forever thankful we now have a serious alternative produced by people who actually understand what they are doing and doing it with such a perfection!)

Having said that: I am unable to switch to xenForo because it has no CMS solution (being it a bridge to Wordpress or an in-house integrated product) and -even more importantly- no integrated Blogs. If we want to make much more vBulletin and Invision customers interested, I strongly believe both products are necessary.

If the ability to add comments to pages is added then isn't the the same as a blog?

I personally can't see much difference, it any at all.

If the ability to add comments to pages is added then isn't the the same as a blog?

I personally can't see much difference, it any at all.

I think there's a BIG difference. Static pages are pages that can be constructed by the admin. Members can not. Integrated Blogs offers all members the possibility to have their own 'area' on your social platform.

I was checking out your page creation option here:

http://xenforo.com/community/pages/example-page/

Why can't we make comments on it? Will this be a feature we can turn on for our users? I would like to post articles and have members be able to comment on them.

You can just add a new node > child > forum > and display it (or not). And update the page with a query to list last few comments, and link to leave a comment (which goes to that forum).

A dirty way, but possible.

You can just add a new node > child > forum > and display it (or not). And update the page with a query to list last few comments, and link to leave a comment (which goes to that forum).
A dirty way, but possible.
Thanks Floris, we'll do it down 'n' dirty til somebody brangs us a warsh rag*!
*For which of course we'd be much obliged!

Top Bottom