Post Areas: Pro Performance [Deleted]

I've checked several users and various forums/nodes they created threads in, and the only thing I can say for sure right now is that when I look at users' threads in forums they don't post as much to, everything is fine - or at least it has been with everything I've looked at so far. If they created, for example, 10 threads in a certain forum, I see the same thing when I look via Post Area and when I visit the forum and order by first message. All the missing threads so far have been in boards that members have been more active in. So all I can tentatively say right now is that it seems like the number of threads a user has created in a forum seems to be a factor. I haven't found the problem with forums where members have only created 20 or 30 or 40 threads, it seems it's when you get over about 100 threads that you can pretty much predict you'll find a problem.

EDIT: And of course right after I wrote that, I looked at a user who had only created 26 threads in a particular forum, but when I checked I discovered that his Post Areas threads start in May 2017, skipping the threads he created in that forum in March and February of this year. So you've got me, man. I did use your old Post Areas on 1.5, so maybe some conflicting junk was left over in the database after deleting it? Just throwing things out there at this point. I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling and see if that makes any difference.

Oh, and I'll just add that all of these nodes have sub nodes or are subnodes, just in case that's somehow relevant.

Last edited:
It seems to me that it has something to do with the thread creation date.. Were all missing threads created in the same period of time?

Also, could you please check if any threads are missing when using the XF thread search? (User profile / Find / Find all threads by user)

Edit: I didn't notice your last post (on the new page)
maybe some conflicting junk was left over in the database after deleting it?
Nope, that's actuallly not possible as the old add-on didn't change anything in the database...

Last edited:
Miraculously, the addon seems to suddenly be working fine now, Thomas. I searched as you asked, by username (and by forum), and the results I initially got were also missing threads. (To be honest, this has been the case for as long as I can remember when searching the board, so I thought XF was ordering them by last replied to or something, because I knew they weren't in strict chronological order.) There were threads missing from February, for example, but not as many as when I had previously checked the same forum via Post Areas - in Post Areas ALL the threads created in Feb. were missing from that same forum. But then I searched the same forum by post date, for all threads created after Jan. 31 and they were all there, including all the threads from February: they matched exactly what I saw by first message filter when visiting that forum. Then I checked the same forum again via Post Areas and suddenly all the missing threads were there. So then I used the board search to search the same forum yet again, again using NO post date, and this time nothing was missing.

Even though it doesn't make any sense to me, it seems that searching the board by date somehow corrected everything. I did delete and rebuild the search index last night, which maybe had something to do with it, but things still weren't working right until I did the search by post date. So I can't say for sure what fixed it, but at least for now everything is working great, which is all I really care about. Thanks so much for your help, and sorry to have taken so much of your time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom