Possibly add new user group for some to participate in "Customer Forums"

frm

I'm generally one not to ask for help, but rather provide help, stylization tips, and forum management tips within customer forums.

Though, with yesterdays message regarding 2,2 and 2.1.6 not dropping before my license expires tomorrow, it seems as if there may be members that do genuinely try to help others in the customer forums as opposed to asking questions regarding their own forum.

However, with 2.1.5a released, it doesn't make much economic sense for current license holders to renew only for 2.1.6 (and maybe 2.1.7) unless there are major bugs or security flaws found in them when XF 2.2 could be another quarter or two away, unless, perhaps, XF did give another discount like last year.

I know there are other forums elsewhere to freely discuss these issues, but in my opinion, you may be isolating a huge customer base by not only the delay but the ability of current customers (that have previously bought the product, learned it, etc.) to help new customers.

If this were to be abused, I could see it being removed and would be perfectly fine with that.

Customers always have access to all forums, regardless whether they have a license with active support or not.

Customers always have access to all forums, regardless whether they have a license with active support or not.
Oh, so if my license expires, I can still participate in customer forums and it only applies to tickets?

I tried to find that in the FAQ prior to this post but it was nowhere to be found so I decided to make that suggestion. It made the impression that I was no longer a customer as I would no longer have a valid license due to the title of the forum being "Customer forums" as opposed to something more general and along the lines of "Forum discussion", especially when there are multiple replies that say "you must have a valid license to receive support", even if their account may be connected to the expired license (only an assumption on that part).

Oh, so if my license expires, I can still participate in customer forums and it only applies to tickets?
Yeah. Licenses are, in a sense, perpetual. You're still a licensed customer if your license expires, you're just not entitled to further updates or ticket support.

when there are multiple replies that say "you must have a valid license to receive support", even if their account may be connected to the expired license (only an assumption on that part).
Those accounts are typically posting in the public forums and unlicensed entirely. If they had a license, expired or not, they can post in the customer forums for support.

Those accounts are typically posting in the public forums and unlicensed entirely. If they had a license, expired or not, they can post in the customer forums for support.
Oh, ok! Thank you for clarifying that for me. Awesome.

Not found in the FAQ so I was worried if I had to renew or not in order to post in certain sections.

Top Bottom