XF 1.1 Possible to Prevent Recording IPs for User Group?

taylor_smith

Problem

A major game publisher has official representatives on our site. These folks also have personal accounts on our site. As part of our partnership with the company, we have agreed to mask the IP addresses of their official accounts.

James made me a plugin that prevents admins/mods from viewing the IP address of this user group when they click the "IP" link. However, when searching for users sharing the same IP, these accounts are included.

Question

Is there a way to either (a) prevent XenForo from recording the IPs of a particular user group, (b) assign this user group a bogus IP, or (c) do anything else that I'm not anticipating?

Problem

A major game publisher has official representatives on our site. These folks also have personal accounts on our site. As part of our partnership with the company, we have agreed to mask the IP addresses of their official accounts.

James made me a plugin that prevents admins/mods from viewing the IP address of this user group when they click the "IP" link. However, when searching for users sharing the same IP, these accounts are included.

Question

Is there a way to either (a) prevent XenForo from recording the IPs of a particular user group, (b) assign this user group a bogus IP, or (c) do anything else that I'm not anticipating?

You will need a custom mod to not log/record the IP addresses of a certain group/s.

If that's the only option, how much should I expect to pay for this? In the ACP, I should be able to list user groups to exclude in a field (e.g., User groups to exclude from IP indexing? [1,12,8])

If that's the only option, how much should I expect to pay for this? In the ACP, I should be able to list user groups to exclude in a field (e.g., User groups to exclude from IP indexing? [1,12,8])

I do not know how much that would cost you. It will depend on the coder that you will hire for the job, how much he/she will charge you for the job. Everyone has got different set of price for his/her work. You might want to post this as a request at the Add on request section as it might receive more attention there.

Top Bottom