Popup alert

Floren

I'm a little puzzled with the lower left corner popup alert we get when someone replies to a thread or other alerts activate on the site. Could you be kind and explain when exactly the lower left corner popup shows?

I saw it on this site and on other sites I manage, but never on my Axivo site. Yesterday I did a test and subscribed to a thread while having a friend posting replies and clicking on Likes. I was browsing the forums into different locations, while he was performing the related actions I just mentioned. I never got the popup, but did saw the red balloon displaying the new alerts. I don't have any template edits, stock Xenforo software.

Thank you for your help.

You need to receive an alert whilst still on the same page and make an Ajax call, e.g. by clicking on a member card.

Or just set one of your conversations to unread by clicking the blue dot on the left of the title.

OK, so if I'm on the same thread content (i.e. Page 2) and someone posts a reply on Page 3, will the popup show? Or it has to be on the same page? About the conversation trick, it works... the popup shows. :)

Thanks for letting me know, Brogan.

If the reply triggers a normal (red) alert and you trigger some ajax, you'll get the alert text, irrespective of which page you're on and what the alert relates to.

Top Bottom