Poll settings

K Ozturk

Hi,

The current poll feature is very primitive and poor in configurability and privacy settings.

In my opinion, the administrators should be able to decide who can see the poll results and who can not.

For instance I am currently running a series of polls to gather certain data about my members' preferences, and I do not want my competitors to get hold of the results.

But in the current layout, although I untick the "display the results publicly" box, even the anonymous visitors are able to see the results. I've got to figure it out after the fact, which was not nice at all.

I think the next release should have this feature improved to a professional degree.

Upvote 7
But in the current layout, although I untick the "display the results publicly" box, even the anonymous visitors are able to see the results. I've got to figure it out after the fact, which was not nice at all.

That's exactly how it's supposed to work. They can see the results, but if "Display votes publicly" isn't checked, they just won't be able to see who voted for what.

That's exactly how it's supposed to work. They can see the results, but if "Display votes publicly" isn't checked, they just won't be able to see who voted for what.
But then even admins aren't able to see who voted for which option, which is want the suggestion is all about. It's atm "show all or hide from all" where as this should be improved and I agree, the only XenForo's built in feature that lacks significantly compared to other competing products is the polls.

Personally, if they don't check that box, not even staff should be able to see it.
I completely agree. Private means private, so no one should be able to see how you vote. There's privacy in private conversations too (and why they are called 'private'), they aren't private to everyone except admins.

In the poll settings we need also the ability to set how much vote a user can select, the setting to give the users the possibility to change their vote/votes and why we can add only 10 answers (i know you will never need more, but why limit that)?

Should be the other way around. If I have 50 forums, but only want to allow polls in one of them, that means I have to put the ID's of the other 49 forums in there. :P

It should be set to enter the forums you want polls in, not the ones you don't.

Should be the other way around. If I have 50 forums, but only want to allow polls in one of them, that means I have to put the ID's of the other 49 forums in there. :p

It should be set to enter the forums you want polls in, not the ones you don't.
That is still on to do list.

Top Bottom