XF 1.2 Poll Results for Admins...

LuvMeSumZen

I'm running a poll that I have set for no public view of the results, but I cannot see the results either and need to do so. I checked my perms as admin and they all look correct, is this is feature of xf that if the poll is set as non-public admins cannot see the results either? If so I need a work around or something.

That's quite inconvenient to put it mildly. A poll is often used as a tool and this is the case in this instance. This is a poll where a member is trying to anonymously give away a very expensive piece of equipment, and we're using the poll to narrow down the parameters of who qualifies according to the donor's criteria. The members don't know there's a tool worth hundreds of dollars to be given away but will once the poll is over so they cannot be allowed to see who answered which question and how, but it's imperative that I be able to see the votes.

I cannot even see that there's an edit function to select public view just long enough for me to see the votes - is this also the case?

Can't have that, as already said. But I guess you me so that I can see it and then remove the 1. I suppose I will move the thread to the admin section, look, undo, move back. It'll work for now but I guess I need to request an addon for this for future. Thanks for the work around it will get me by for now.

It wouldn't be difficult to write an add-on which would allow administrators and/or moderators see the selections for non-public polls.

I'm a bit busy right now but when I get a chance I'll knock something up quickly.

Not finding a xf_poll table in templates. Have a poll.css, poll_bock, poll_block_result, & poll_block_vote, couldn't find a xf_poll table in any of those templates' tabs either .

Top Bottom