Please help - new users not permitted to post or reply

I have to approve new users. However, once I approve them (and they become part of the "Registered" group), all their permissions are still set to "no" EVEN THOUGH the group permissions for "Registered" are set to post, reply, etc.

What is happening? Does approving new users also require that I set their permissions individually? This would be a lot of work - I want newly approved users to have the "registered" group permissions automatically.

Thanks!

I have to approve new users. However, once I approve them (and they become part of the "Registered" group), all their permissions are still set to "no" EVEN THOUGH the group permissions for "Registered" are set to post, reply, etc.
Individual user permissions will all be Not Set (No) unless you modify them for the user.
They inherit the permissions from the user groups they are members of.

I don't understand. The "registered" group is set to "yes/ok". When I individually approve a new member they become "registered" yet all permissions remain "no". Why is that? Is this specific to approving new members manually?

Look at the permissions in the Registered user group.

If that's the only group they are a member of, that is the permissions they have.

Top Bottom