Please help me with a few problems

QCX86

Hi guys,

Complete noob with XF so I apologies in advance about the way I describe things.

I have 3 problems with this site http://www.rpanonymous.com/forum/index.php

1. The background resolution does not stay correct throughout the site and I can not get it to expand into the the header background.

2. http://www.rpanonymous.com/forum/index.php?forums/announcements.27/ I cannot get the replies and view section to adjust in size. (you can also see the background problem)

3. The fonts also on the page above do not size correctly and the hover state also annoys me.

I have searched endlessly trying to fix these problems...

please help me xenforo forum, your my only hope ;)

1) Your body width is 1920px. That is very large and will overflow most browser windows. Normally you don't specify a body width unless you want to create a fixed width style in which case you optimize for smaller browser windows. See my post in this thread for instructions and a screenshot:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/wallpaper-size.22055/

My post also shows how to remove the header background so the body background covers that area too.

2) That may be connected with the width problem.

3) Which fonts exactly?

1. I have tried the properties in that link and still am getting the same result. Is there a specific resolution I should be creating my background image with?

2. Even with the page width corrected I am still having the same problem. Where can I find the properties for this?

3. It the fonts with in the title bar. Title, Start date, replies, last message.

1) The background and body looks good to me. What is the problem now?

2) I tracked it down:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Style Properties -> Discussion List -> Stats Cell Width

On your forum this is set to 50px. The default is 125px:

Screen shot 2011-12-06 at 3.11.48 AM.webp

3) Those headers are controlled by this property:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Style Properties -> Building Blocks -> Sub-Heading

Thanks heaps man, worked a treat. I managed to get most of it fixed but I have now run into some other problems I can't seem to fix/find in style properties.

In the black circle - I cannot not change the color of the text, I have searched around in style properties and I can't find the area to edit it.

The red arrow - The background doesn't seem to repeat in this section of the forum, but is find with in the main section.

siteprolem-1.jpg

That uses the link color:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Style Properties -> General -> Link

As for the background... try removing the Body background and put it in HTML instead:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Style Properties -> General -> HTML

Thanks Jake once again you're a genius.

Just one other question my moderators brought up.

How do I change the color of font for moderator tools such as Thread Tools?

This?

Screen shot 2011-12-07 at 10.08.49 PM.webp

That inherits the body text color:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Style Properties -> General -> Body

You can change that specific text (without having to change the body) by editing this template:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> EXTRA.css

Add this code:

Rich (BB code):
.linkGroup .Popup a
{
	color: #123456;
}

Specify any color you want.

Top Bottom