play diablo 3 and make money

A lot of people are giving flak to this news lately on N4G.

But I am not fazed by it, I'm looking forward to D3. :)

Every game that I've seen try to do this has had enormous amounts of inflation, and have completely unstable markets.

Idiotic move by Blizzard, but they're really only trying to make some extra money by cutting out virtual stores, and ebay and taking a cut of any sales themselves.

Disturbing.

Unfortunately this will be wildly successful. Most players only care about having the best items and will pay lots of money to get them. Actually it is very much like players in real life.

Silly, very silly idea.

If that happens, you can expect a community where only greed and selfishness matter, 10 times worse than in WoW :)

I really fail to see how will this benefit players who earn this by dedication. Obviously those who have more money to spend in the game will be able to surpass any person who can't spend more money than buying the game. It will certainly help avoid illegal tradings and what not, as they happen with WoW, but at least all you can buy is gold and accounts who had to have enough dedication to earn all their gear and what not. Now it'll just defeat the purpose of dedication and playing it for a while.

I seriously feel disappointed by this. I guess I'll just stick with playing BF3.

I really fail to see how will this benefit players who earn this by dedication.

Ill tell you exactly how players will benefit. Instead of having to chose a person in china to supply the gold, possibly get ripped off, scammed, targeted by phishing emails or down right bruteforce attempts it removes the likelyhood of someone getting ripped off.

Obviously those who have more money to spend in the game will be able to surpass any person who can't spend more money than buying the game.

And this doesn't happen now? I played WoW in one of the best guilds in the world, and we took people with us on raids for pretty substantial ammounts of real life money to gear them up. We took maybe 5 people per raid charging up to $1000 per person with weeks of people waiting in que. We also boosted people in arena, charging huge ammounts to get them gladiator raiting.

Now it'll just defeat the purpose of dedication and playing it for a while.

You can still put the dedication into the game. Earn it yourself, however think on the other side, maybe a doctor, who works long hours but still wants to play with his friends, so he could catch them up a little easier and safer than having to leave it to some unknown in china to do.

So whats the difference between adding it in the game offically and having on the black market?

Only 1. A benefit. Players get to buy things safely.

And this doesn't happen now? I played WoW in one of the best guilds in the world, and we took people with us on raids for pretty substantial ammounts of real life money to gear them up. We took maybe 5 people per raid charging up to $1000 per person with weeks of people waiting in que. We also boosted people in arena, charging huge ammounts to get them gladiator raiting.

For the LULZ. Nuff' said.

Ill tell you exactly how players will benefit. Instead of having to chose a person in china to supply the gold, possibly get ripped off, scammed, targeted by phishing emails or down right bruteforce attempts it removes the likelyhood of someone getting ripped off.

Removes? I wouldn't say that, because don't think the china gold farmers aren't still going to be making their money hands over fits. The only real change is yes it will make it buying gear with real money a little safer but the real purpose is to ensure Blizzard gets a piece of the pie that China has long enjoyed.

Dedication and playing it for a while? Once you start buying things in real life to play a game it no longer becomes a challenge, in my opinion.

It doesn't matter really - my gaming reasons might not be the same as yours. You're looking for a challenge, fine don't buy stuff off the real money AH. Stick with the regular AH or go about it the longer way and grind for it. Not everyone is looking for a challenge, maybe they want an escape and something to do to relax. Not everyone has hours upon hours each day to grind for one piece of gear.

It doesn't matter really - my gaming reasons might not be the same as yours. You're looking for a challenge, fine don't buy stuff off the real money AH. Stick with the regular AH or go about it the longer way and grind for it. Not everyone is looking for a challenge, maybe they want an escape and something to do to relax. Not everyone has hours upon hours each day to grind for one piece of gear.
I don't actually, that's why I stopped playing WoW. But I still like a challenge. But you're right, it's just my opinion and greatly differs from others.

Micro pay games are extremely successful, many games that have started off as either a paid game whether it's for the software itself or month-to-month cost, boom once they introduce a micro pay system.

They'll be people wanting to strictly sell and make a buck, then there'll be folks who have an extra 20 bucks laying around wanting a better item.

I personally am extremely excited for this, and of course the market will be silly at first, it will even out.

Micro pay games are extremely successful, many games that have started off as either a paid game whether it's for the software itself or month-to-month cost, boom once they introduce a micro pay system.

They'll be people wanting to strictly sell and make a buck, then there'll be folks who have an extra 20 bucks laying around wanting a better item.

I personally am extremely excited for this, and of course the market will be silly at first, it will even out.
It never evens out with cash-based auction systems, Maplestory is a perfect example of it.

Top Bottom