Plans to combat spam?

Even with captcha or question verification, the amount of spam is unbelievable. Even with promotions in place to limit spam posts, is Xenforo planning on doing anything to crack down on these spambots at the registration gateway? There is really no way to even find a pattern...other than the ages of the users being similar, their IP addresses are spread across the globe and they use completely different email addresses. I'd hate having to go to a manually moderated system.

They are so random so dont bother going down the ip route.

• xenutilit with sf spam api
  • change to a question that suits your audience
  • create a group where all posts are moderated until you do 5-6 and it promotes them.
The first two stopped it all for me the 3rd is just insurance.
Getting 10/20 blocked registrations every 20 mins no spam.

They are so random so dont bother going down the ip route.

• xenutilit with sf spam api
  • change to a question that suits your audience
  • create a group where all posts are moderated until you do 5-6 and it promotes them.
The first two stopped it all for me the 3rd is just insurance.

Getting 10/20 blocked registrations every 20 mins no spam.

Been blocking /24 or /16s :)

Why wont XF let us run Q + A and ReCaptcha at the same time?

ReCaptcha is horrible in its current state and does nothing but drive away legit users because the text is so hard to read.

We enabled Bot Scout within XenUtiles and 1 Q&A and have had 0 get through.. over 20pages of rejected registration since 4am this morning. We had SFS already in place and enabled but it wasn't stopping the registrations completely. Bot Scout seems to be the ticket.

Top Bottom