1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Places to sell my vB 3 & 4 licenses?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by CyclingTribe, Oct 8, 2010.

1. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

I don't want to ask on the vB forums, so could anyone recommend a good site where I can sell my vB licenses?

I'm going to use the revenue to buy an xF license.

Cheers,
    Shaun :D

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Jethro and Mikey like this.
  3. CyclingTribe

4. Pope Viper

Pope Viper Well-Known Member

That's where I sold mine. Even made a profit off of it.

5. AnthonyCea

AnthonyCea Well-Known Member

Digital Point is the best place to sell for free, but you will not get much out of a vB license now days due to the licensing changes they made and the fact that you must buy a new license with every major release.

I would not buy them, sorry but that is just an honest opinion and I own 3 "vB 3 lifetime licenses" which have little value due to IB destroying their value.

6. Mattie Num Nums

Mattie Num Nums Active Member

I cant sell mine. Nobody wants it :(

edit: just sold it!

7. AnthonyCea

lol, why would anyone want it with the new licensing structure IB brought in?

This more than anything made the rebellion happen.

8. CyclingTribe

Well I'll give it a go and see how I get on. Thanks for the advice ... lol :)

9. Mattie Num Nums

I sold mine on Floris' site vbfans.

10. CyclingTribe

I've posted an ad there and we'll see how it goes. Checked with vB first to make sure, and everything is okay at their end.

Strangely though, I thought I'd bought vB4 as an owned license and expected to see a vB3 and vB4 license in my account. Seems not, as I only have a vB4.

Oh well, no need for it any more, so hopefully it can fun my toe-dip into xF ... :)

Cheers,
    Shaun :D

11. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Good luck, Shaun!

12. TylerK10

TylerK10 Member

13. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

You could try selling them in the former eastern block countries ....

anotheralias likes this.
  14. AnthonyCea

Yeah, they have need for old versions of vB in Siberia big time !!!

15. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

16. AnthonyCea

That is the best place to sell for free, but I don't think one can post in the DP marketplace until they have 25 posts or something.

17. Mattie Num Nums

Once xF is gold im in!

18. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

There's a number of people asking for vbulletin licences over at http://www.theadminzone.com/forums/index.php Might be worth your while ducking in there and offering them for sale. I would get in quick though as certain undesirables are posting up Xen in a big way.

19. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

Hmmm... have to keep these in mind myself... thanks for the above locations.

20. HoddzDJ

HoddzDJ Active Member

I have an owned license, but I'm not even gonna bother trying to sell it. Too many people now are looking for xF so I doubt I'll get anything worth worrying about for it. Not only that but mine is only for the vB3 license, which is arguably better than a vB4 but still it's old hat!! I'd rather hold on to mine, see what happens in a few years and if the market is with vB again, sell it then!!

Another place to keep an eye on is eBay. They seem to be having quite a few free listing days, so that could be an option!!