Pinterest clone suggestion?

0xym0r0n

I want to create a small niche pinterest style site.
I was wondering if anyone had any experience in the area and could shed some light and possibly reviews?

I'm considering the wordpress way with a paid modification like pinclone ($40).

No. You can put a thread inside a page right? What if you put two threads side by side in that page? What if that thread was formatted in such a way so that the avatars/user info section was removed? What if you had a very short word limit in your postbit through options and the rules of your site required a pic to be embedded in each post? Now what if your page was your forum home? I'm just thinking outside the box. INTJ

No. You can put a thread inside a page right? What if you put two threads side by side in that page. What if that thread was formatted in such a way so that the avatars/user info section was removed? What if you had a very short word limit in your postbit through options and the rules of your site required a pic to be embedded in each post? Now what if your page was your forum home?

Ah I considered that but admittedly I'm ADHD when it comes to my own work. It takes me week to get back on course for anything. I did consider this idea ages ago :) Sadly I know I won't have the go getter attitude to complete it. I've never built anything like it either? So in terms of queries and load times... I'm not sure I'd make anything good.

Oh and then I'd wan't the categories option like Pinterest has for users. (like personal albums). I'm not sure how to carry on with that! :(

Ah I considered that but admittedly I'm ADHD when it comes to my own work. It takes me week to get back on course for anything. I did consider this idea ages ago :) Sadly I know I won't have the go getter attitude to complete it. I've never built anything like it either? So in terms of queries and load times... I'm not sure I'd make anything good.

Oh and then I'd wan't the categories option like Pinterest has for users. (like personal albums). I'm not sure how to carry on with that! :(
What if something like this was already on xenforo? Bookmarks. What if you asked or paid syndol to create a admin selected site-wide or public bookmarks section that could be set as the home page?

Ahhh what am I thinking? Could just use an existing albums add-on and re-format the look and feel >.> *hops to work* thanks for inspiration 8thos!

Ahhh what am I thinking? Could just use an existing albums add-on and re-format the look and feel >.> *hops to work* thanks for inspiration 8thos!
Yeah man it's all about reusing what's already there. I almost even suggested XenQuotations.

or even creating a block in xenporta and doing something mad creative with it or multiple blocks I guess...

I have a bookmarks xenporta block. Was using it a couple days ago. Syndol made it for me. My members liked it. It only showed links though.

Top Bottom