PHP/mySql help?

Paul

Hi guys,

I'm looking for someone to code a nice simple (Well, Very simple) php page for my website. It's not Xenforo related...
It basically allows a DB to be held with pre-filled info (manufacturers etc), and with the manual updates being final listing prices from Ebay, and then displayed on the site - max/min/lists etc

Anyone know of anyone that might be interested, or might be able to point me in the direction of someone that could help knock this up? I'll pay the going rate obviously.... to be fair for someone that knows what they are doing it'll probably only take an hour or two...

Cheers
Paul

Floris,

I must be on a different planet, since i cant see how that relates to my original request in the slightest???

Cheers
Paul

What I mean is, that if you get a script that allows you to add products, and list them on the site .. You can just remove the element of 'buy this now' and link to the ebay listing? Using the existing functionality of a script make to handle input / output of data such as what you seem to request. Of course, writing it from scratch is also an option. I am just thinking out loud to help you perhaps save time and money.

[edit] btw, I am trying to throw something together for you - maybe it will help you get started.

I am done with a part of the script, but don't have enough time unfortn. to work on this any further at the moment. Hopefully this video gives you an impression of what's possible, and you can comment if this is completely (not) what you're looking for. Or at the least, which fields you'd like to have?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Alt download : the original 13mb .mov

Hi guys,

I'm looking for someone to code a nice simple (Well, Very simple) php page for my website. It's not Xenforo related...
It basically allows a DB to be held with pre-filled info (manufacturers etc), and with the manual updates being final listing prices from Ebay, and then displayed on the site - max/min/lists etc

Anyone know of anyone that might be interested, or might be able to point me in the direction of someone that could help knock this up? I'll pay the going rate obviously.... to be fair for someone that knows what they are doing it'll probably only take an hour or two...

Cheers
Paul
CodeCanyon has a good forum request for this stuff. http://codecanyon.net/forums/topic/item-requests/67

Floris,

That was Ace!! Many thanks. It's close to what i'm after - i'll drop you a PM as to what isnt quite right - however it's close :D

Thanks again
Paul

Ok, so the existing database i have populated is attached... if i've exported it correctly (just the raw tables)...

Basically What i'm after is this...

Backend - Manually the ability to select a game from the list (this would also pull the other info from the DB!), and put in the latest Ebay end price. This would be stored. Then the next one that came up, maybe for the same machine, i would need to the the same.

Front end - Display similar to this : http://www.bostonpinball.biz/ebay1111.htm . Maybe this will explain a little more as to the outcome and explain what i'm trying to achieve.... (Clear as mud i know!) - basically a minimum, maximum and average prices of specific machines over a period of time :)

I mean, ideally it would be great to end up like this : http://www.pinpedia.com/prices with the average/max.min prices as per the other one... However i'm relaistic to believe that thats FAR too much work, and too far outta my price range :D

Many thanks for going to the effort that you did Floris :) It's greatly appreciated :D Thank You

Paul

Attachments

It's using your db now, though limited to 10 entries of course, since it's just under dev anyway.
You can see there are a few issues, one being that varchar() type fields for XName (had to rename it from Name) that are numeric with double quotes, like: "1 2 3" can be listed, but won't show up in an input field.

But, I have a few visitors over now, dinner time, etc, .. I will try to pick this up later tonight or tomorrow.
Screen Shot 2012-03-24 at 8.45.46 PM.webp

Quick question, how are you handling listing 5000+ entries? Are they supposed to be on one page?

Floris,

Nahh - Paginated i guess - i hadnt thought that far ahead.. maybe display the most recent 10 by default, however as i say - hadnt really though about it! :D

That DB shouldnt have caused any problems really - 5k lines long, 5 tables... Strange!!

Oh and the fields are probably wrong anyhow - i just imported them from (euugh) excel, so no field formatting/adjustments have taken place :D

Thanks again Floris - Have a Great evening :D

Paul

Sent you a PC with live demo to play with in the meantime. Front-end / back-end

front with some basic css & jQuery table.sorter
(latest 10 id's from db, sorted desc.) (click headers will sort that table asc, click again: desc)
Screen Shot 2012-03-24 at 8.46.57 PM.webp

back, same css, but table.sorter not included.
(latest "20" (unless chosen otherwise) (and option to click 100, 500, all)
It used to be 3 sections, it's now just 1 section. Next should be 1 submit button to cover all changes at once (using while / foreach, etc)
Screen Shot 2012-03-25 at 6.13.48 AM.webp

[edit] updated screenshots; time for bed.

Top Bottom