XF 1.2 PHP Mail & SMTP not sending emails

I've trying to setup email for my forum since at the moment, users are unable to receive confirmation emails, password reset emails, etc. I have full access to my machine so I'd prefer to use the PHP Mail function but it doesn't seem to work? Any help on configuring it to work w/ Xenforo?

I've tried Google SMTP but I get a time out error whenever I try to use it:

Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: Connection timed out - library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Abstract.php:277

I've trying to setup email for my forum since at the moment, users are unable to receive confirmation emails, password reset emails, etc. I have full access to my machine so I'd prefer to use the PHP Mail function but it doesn't seem to work? Any help on configuring it to work w/ Xenforo?

I've tried Google SMTP but I get a time out error whenever I try to use it:
VPS/Dedicated (managed/unmanaged)? If so, what SMTP agent (PostFix, QMail, etc) are you using? Any firewall rules that might prohibit it. Is the config correct for the mail agent (any error logs shown)?

VPS/Dedicated (managed/unmanaged)? If so, what SMTP agent (PostFix, QMail, etc) are you using? Any firewall rules that might prohibit it. Is the config correct for the mail agent (any error logs shown)?
Dedicated/Unmanaged
Installed Dovecot via WHM using the default config
There are currently no firewall rules that would disable the emails from sending. WHM sends emails from my server whenever I do things like updating software & such so I'm not really sure on why it's not working for Xenforo.

Dedicated/Unmanaged
Installed Dovecot via WHM using the default config
There are currently no firewall rules that would disable the emails from sending. WHM sends emails from my server whenever I do things like updating software & such so I'm not really sure on why it's not working for Xenforo.
Haven't played with Dovecot. I know it has it's own MTA built in. If WHM is sending the emails but xenForo is not then you really need to check the error logs for the MTA and see what they are reflecting when a xenForo email is being (or actually NOT being) sent.

Top Bottom