1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

php files being taken over by xenforo.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Xarcell, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Xarcell

Xarcell Well-Known Member

I understand it probably for security reasons, but I keep trying to add just normal php files to the directory where xenForo was installed.

When I go to view the file, it throws out this error: The controller does not define an action called

Very frustrating. How do I fix this?
  2. Cory Booth

Cory Booth Well-Known Member

There is a learning curve and it starts with a quick read on MVC.
    Try putting your php file in an outside directory.
    It's not that php is disabled for security, it is a completely a new method of rendering webpages based on - MVC
  3. Xarcell

I cannot put it in an outside directory if my if xf is installed at domain root.

Ok, i just created a new directory and placed it there. That worked.

4. ibnesayeed

ibnesayeed Well-Known Member

It is because, in MVC architecture, routing is handled differently. Not the way usual public directory path based architecture works.
  5. ragtek

ragtek Guest

It's working fine for me....
    Don't know what the other here are talking:p
  6. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Are you talking about a PHP file that has nothing to do with xenForo? Maybe a rewrite rule is catching the request. Check your .htaccess file if you use one.
  7. Xarcell

yeah, it works if I create a directory. However if I place that file in a directory such as "library", it throws that error at me. I don't know why.
  8. Shadab

Shadab Well-Known Member

Any file inside your /library directory can not (and should not) be accessed publicly.
    There's a .htaccess file inside that directory which blocks any http requests:

Order deny,allow
    Deny from all