Photoshop effects question

Slavik

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Ihave always though wallpapers like the ones attached are cool beyond belief.

I would like to know how to do it myself, but don't know how to classify it. Anyone know a tutorial to create similar works? Or would be able to write up how to do it?

Thanks

digital-art-wallpapers_23767_1680x1050.webp1266193835271.webp1268963859698.webp1270591582128.webp1278795914475.webp1281626797686.webp

I have no idea how they did that, I would guess they used some-kind of effects plug-in on a real photo to produce it. As I cannot see how that could possibly have been drawn to look like that by hand. They might not have used Photoshop either.

I have no idea how they did that, I would guess they used some-kind of effects plug-in on a real photo to produce it. As I cannot see how that could possibly have been drawn to look like that by hand. They might not have used Photoshop either.

If you have a good enough graphic tablet and your a talented artist this is very easy to accomplish doing it via freehand. That said, and in this case, this looks like the person used plugins and/or filters though any effect through the "lazy few clicks solution filter system" can also be accomplished using the tools and brushing that photoshop has.

If you have a good enough graphic tablet and your a talented artist this is very easy to accomplish doing it via freehand. That said, and in this case, this looks like the person used plugins and/or filters though any effect through the "lazy few clicks solution filter system" can also be accomplished using the tools and brushing that photoshop has.

Found it cheers!

If you have a good enough graphic tablet

Never owned or used a graphic tablet myself, always used the mouse and worked mainly in full zoom view when possible. Then again, I've used the mouse for that long now I'm very good with it in Photoshop. Well, for my needs anyhow is suffices. Just noticed that the second picture from the left is watermarked with DeviantArt. I didn't notice it before in the image.

By the way, even though your not overly keen on me. Very good job on your forum theme, credit we're it's due. Top class looking and the colours used there are very easy on the eyes indeed for viewing. Best XenForo theme I've seen by a long way to date.

I'm gonna guess that the images are brought into photoshop and drawn over with a graphics tablet (AKA matte painting) using a certain set of custom made brushes - it's certainly not a photoshop filter as filters don't understand correct placement for brush strokes.

Paint away in the colours you want to use to get the effect you want and then take away the background image and have whatever is left over. If that isn't the case I'd really like to know how it was done so I can try it myself.

Time to start working on your brushing techniques. They get more desirable, realistic affects than what a plugin can do. IMO there's no compensation when it comes to human judgement and drawing in the effects and more importantly the placements that a AI can't 100% master.

Time to start working on your brushing techniques. They get more desirable, realistic affects than what a plugin can do. IMO there's no compensation when it comes to human judgement and drawing in the effects and more importantly the placements that a AI can't 100% master.

I have the artistic skills of a brick. No wait, a brick can probably produce something better than me and call it "modern art" or something.

Top Bottom