PhillyCF (Philadelphia ColdFusion)

Kevin

So lately I've been spending a lot of time diving in the Adobe ColdFusion pool (versus MS .net where I'm usually at) as that will likely be a huge part of my job in the future. There are actually some nice part of the ColdFusion environment that I am enjoying and others I need to get used to yet.

As I believe in the "trial by fire" method of learning, meaning to jump right into the subject, I've been immersing myself in the world of CF. The official local Philly CFUG (ColdFusion User Group) closed so I figured I'd put some spare licenses to use by starting a new local CF centric site.

Philadelphia ColdFusion: http://PhillyCF.com

Unlike my sci-fi site which is a bit more... colorful :D... I am being more subdued with this one. The theme is a very slightly tweaked instance of XenFoogle by the guys at @pixelExit.com (I knew I'd eventually use those branding free licenses I picked up eons ago :whistle:). The home page is Featured Threads by @Brogan (I really appreciate that he added the 'home' link option). And, of course, the "Resources" section is XF's Resource Manager. I'm liking the way it is coming along so far.

It's a bit spartan yet, content wise, but that is to be expected with such a narrow niche demographic. If nothing else it's a nice break design wise from my primary personal site. :coffee:

So lately I've been spending a lot of time diving in the Adobe ColdFusion pool (versus MS .net where I'm usually at) as that will likely be a huge part of my job in the future. There are actually some nice part of the ColdFusion environment that I am enjoying and others I need to get used to yet.

As I believe in the "trial by fire" method of learning, meaning to jump right into the subject, I've been immersing myself in the world of CF. The official local Philly CFUG (ColdFusion User Group) closed so I figured I'd put some spare licenses to use by starting a new local CF centric site.

Philadelphia ColdFusion: http://PhillyCF.com

Unlike my sci-fi site which is a bit more... colorful :D... I am being more subdued with this one. The theme is a very slightly tweaked instance of XenFoogle by the guys at @pixelExit.com (I knew I'd eventually use those branding free licenses I picked up eons ago :whistle:). The home page is Featured Threads by @Brogan (I really appreciate that he added the 'home' link option). And, of course, the "Resources" section is XF's Resource Manager. I'm liking the way it is coming along so far.

It's a bit spartan yet, content wise, but that is to be expected with such a narrow niche demographic. If nothing else it's a nice break design wise from my primary personal site. :coffee:
Love the colours on the sci-fi(y):)

Looking good @Kevin.

Version 2.12 of FT is at Beta 2 and installed on a few sites.
If you fancy trying it on a new forum let me know.

New stuff is here: http://support.cliptheapex.com/threads/whats-new-in-2-12.89/
Just when I have a chance to play with the current version, new toys are added! :D I like the new option for removing the thread prefix.

Love the colours on the sci-fi(y):)
Thanks! That was a custom design job by @Kim who did an outstanding job of interpreting my thoughts on the design. :D

Top Bottom