Petition To Xenforo Team To Create Social Networking Script

=MGN=RedEagle

This is a petition to the Xenforo crew to make a social networking script like Social Engine but with the amazing speed and ease of use of XF. Please reply with your name to add to this petition.

Wow. :D

My dear friend, our beloved Xenforo crew already have their hands wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy full with developing a spanking brand new and innovative forum script which hasn't even turned one year old yet AND are dealing with a most annoying and irritating lawsuit. I think you'll find most of us more happy with them focusing just on Xenforo for now and then perhaps look around here and there once they have Xenforo up and high where they want it to be.

I hope you wouldn't mind that. :)

Is this something that I would have to turnoff?

What exactly would this social networking script do? Could it be an add-on so those of us that don't want it could just not load it up?

Instead of one script that contains all, I'd rather see them making a separate script for every functionality, forum, gallery, video, blog. I think it's bad to make one big bloated piece of software that contains all but does none of them right.

I hope XenForo remains as much ala'carte <-spelling as possible.

I don't want things I will not use. I want to bloat it on my terms.

You guys should check out social engine. I think you would change your minds. 300 members on my social engine make more posts than 20,000 on my IPB. People love the stuff. It's so user friendly.

I started with these scripts when PHPFox 1 came out. I hate to say it, but IMHO virtually all of them still suffer from missing the essential drill down and functionality that best of breed scripts use, especially Social Engine, which started out with a tremendous amount of promise. Perhaps others have tweaked it to be more on target than the demo.

I'd prefer XF remain as the most fun, easy to use forum/discussion software that will eventually have complete add-ons and extensions that can be created by developers to enhance functionality, if desired. After all, 99% of the posts people usually make are in the forums, not in unused blogs, classifieds or polls.

If the devs gonna work on something, I prey it's cms cms cms cms cms cms cms cms cms cms cms cms cms cms cms

My guess for the time being it is going to the add-on makers.

Who knows, if the guys didn't have this lawsuit to deal with they would likely have been further along with the core software and would maybe a step closer to working on a CMS. I am just speculating.

I would say IPB is much more like a Social Network. Facebook is THE social network these days and is a great standard to look at when it comes to understanding what a social network is.

IPB has blogs, gallery etc but XF has none of those.

Top Bottom