Pet Forum

I just popped in to look at your community quickly as a guest.. No real time to browse to much but i really am impressed with the skin and design.. Looks very clean.. A+ stuff..

Its interesting how you have the prefix catagories instead of all the cats layed out on one page. Cleans it up a lot. Think I am going to try something like that on my home page

Its interesting how you have the prefix catagories instead of all the cats layed out on one page. Cleans it up a lot. Think I am going to try something like that on my home page
The best part is that the users can decide which layout they prefer better by clicking on the checkbox or unclicking it.

Can anyone offer some advice on how to get things rolling? I have visitors but I feel like noone is signing up. I have some good content too, it's not like its a plain website. I don't see what the problem is. If anyone sees anything bad, can you let me know. Thanks

Yeah looks sleek! Getting users always takes time and effort :(. Do you also use other channels like FB or Twitter to get people to sign up?

Ok , I Have a little facebook advice from a newbie experiment that may help with Fb "likes" on your pet forum.

Thursday I installed rss graffiti in my facebook community page. (My forum isn't up yet its a couple months out still)
this enabled me to send RSS feeds from many other FB fishing pages to my own FB page.
I set it up for some really good feeds that saltwater fisherman would like- about 10 feeds. Its pretty much free but could cost up to $5 a month for more feeds.

Friday I decided to try the FB promoting my page ads. Just to see - as a experimental type thing. $5 a day for 10 days. - they claim to get 4-16 likes per $5 spent.
I had 1 like(me) before experiment. Made sure my rss graffiti was dialed in first with some good posts combined with my own posts and then I turned it on.

In one day (so far $4.65 spent) I got over 60 likes so far and at least a few new ones every hour. I then have my fb posts linked with twitter, so all these rss feeds are posting on my twitter too as well as my own twitter posts.
I will let you know how it plays out. Its a little experiment just to grow my fb page and awareness. You can easily do this with pets- everyone has a pet :)

Hi Billy here is the wed Am update . 213 likes. $19.46 spent so far. I have it on a $5 a day limit. Its about the same I spend everyday on Rockstars and starbucks So I don't think its that much to get the site a little traction. I like the FB thing. Its funny that you can track what posts everyone likes and click on etc. So far the ones they like are - "big surprise"- Hot fishing chick pics. I also did a "sea hag Friday" where I posted some homely sea hag fishing. That got a lot of traction too. Be sure to post some pics of Hot chicks holding some pets on your site. It gets a lot of play.
the experiment continues. Goal is 5000 likes before I launch.

Top Bottom