1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Personal Notepad

Discussion in 'Add-on Requests [Archive]' started by anotheralias, Nov 11, 2010.

1. anotheralias

anotheralias Well-Known Member

And I think that sums it up - a little space somewhere on a user's profile where they can keep notes. Just a small space for plain text - nothing elaborate. :)

2. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

great option i
    similar to vb's ACP one ...

anotheralias likes this.
  3. anotheralias

Exactly! It gives people a place to store little bits of information - links, paragraphs they end up posting a lot (like instructions), and so on.

4. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

I use it in vB ACP to keep some bits of code/ideas. It's a nice little thing to have.

anotheralias likes this.
  5. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Definitely could be useful.
    However, i have thousands of text files I access on 20+ PCs and tablets. One is called xenforo.ideas.txt.
    I can pull it up in less than 2 seconds.
    I sync all the PCs with dropbox.com
    I would like to be able to add a post to "My Favorites".

anotheralias likes this.
  6. anotheralias

I keep notes on a text file and I also use post-it notes for temporary stuff :) But this is for the endusers - just a convenience, so that they don't have to create a text file or some other system.

I mean, I can crop my own avatars too but a lot of people can't and they do love that they don't have to.

7. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

I really like the idea. A note pad that no one can see but the user, and of course Admins or Mods?

anotheralias likes this.
  8. Trombones13

Trombones13 Well-Known Member

ZetaBoards used this back when I had a forum there (IPB too, I think), and it was pretty useful for me to take my own personal notes without having to do anything weird like sending a message to myself. I'd love to see this here too. :)

anotheralias likes this.
  9. anotheralias

I wouldn't personally want admin and mods to see everyone's personal notes, but if that's important to everyone else I guess I can just choose not to look at them.

10. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

That can be a simple permission setting that Admins can give or deny if they choose. I'm close to finishing my Ad Management System, and when I release it, I'll look at writing this one up.

dutchbb, Trombones13 and anotheralias like this.
  11. anotheralias

Oh how cool - thank you!