Personal albums & moves are kludgy

TPerry

Isn't it rather "kludgy" to ask the user for the URL for the personal album to move media into from album to album?
Isn't the script smart enough to already know what personal albums that user has available to them to move an image into?
Why can't there be a drop down list of albums available to that user to write to?

Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 12.48.34 AM.webp

Upvote 3
Same problem as moving posts between threads, isn't it (yes, I just did this yesterday)? If you want to move a post to an existing thread instead of starting a new thread to move it to, you need the URL. So basically, it looks likes an "album" is treated as a "thread" and the move is done with the same utility.

It gets a bit more complicated. Because of user opinions and complaints, it was necessary for me to hide all of the various 'share this' link boxes.

If an image or album owner can copy that, then the move paste is easily done. Suppose one could get it from the URL field on the browser. This is going to be kludgy for my image members--but still a 100% improvement over the Invision platform they were on before.

I think @Tracy Perry is right on the money with this.

Top Bottom