Perplexed

Ozzy47

"Inspirational, jaw dropping, showstoppers, overwhelming, mouth watering, wow factor, our of the box, nothing new to the world of forums for the end user."

I see words like the above thrown about on sites, as well as crapola like "the most you see in the HYS well done praise praise and almost no complaints" and there are two things that is really odd with these people.

1. They obviously don't know how to translate any of those words into what they want, they just expect stuff to be magically appear to the XF2 core out of the deep dark corner of their minds. You ask them what they are expecting and they don't know, just that it should happen.
  2. They obviously don't understand how this very forum works, they think by posting their displeasure or suggestions on other sites, that it will automatically appear on here. They complain that people only praise the devs in the HYS threads, but yet they never crawled out from other sites and posted their displeasure in the HYS thread.

Last edited:
Is this the thread you are talking about?

Well yes, that would be one, but this is not something exclusive to TAZ or XF. This has happened on many admin/third party support sites across all software platforms.

I could, but they are sites I would rather not disclose. Or you could simply look at just about any admin/third party support sites and find examples.

There is no issue with a site nor a thread. The issue is people complaining about stuff off of an official website for platforms, but don't voice their opnions/disappointment on on the official site. It accomplishes nothing for improving the platform in question.

Oh, I disagree with that. Discussions on official sites are of primary importance, but for various reasons they do not always serve to allow for full airing out of all viewpoints. And while TAZ for example is obviously not a satellite of XenForo, one or more XenForo developers and staff members have been seen interacting there from time to time. I'd like to think we can occasionally provide them with valuable additional feedback should they care to look for it.

I think your assumptions are based on several incorrect premises:
That the discussion dynamic is the same on all forums.​
That discussion on official forums is unrestrained in any way.​
That a registered member on TAZ can't tell who is a licensed XenForo holder (other licensed XenForo holders can tell).​
That only licensed XF admins can provide useful feedback.​
Counting the likes in the first post of a suggestion thread is a very good way of gauging interest by licensed XF holders - almost certainly the best way. But it's not necessarily the only feedback available nor would I imagine is it the only source of inspiration for the developers.

Again you refering to TAZ and that discussion so the assumptions you base your opinion on are clouded.

I stand by my opinion that the official site is they best place to discuss the software, post suggestions, report bugs and post feature requests. As an FYI, you do not need to have a XF license to post bug reports or feature requests here. Many times users of other sites come here to post about something they saw or want on a forum they are a member of.

I also do not expect the staff to go to other sites to get feedback. I would much rather they are spending their valuable time on here answering support questions posted in the forums by members that take the time to post here, or by working on the next version of the platform.

Last edited:
Top Bottom