XF 1.2 permissions

dooma

Hello,

I didn't understand xenforo forums' permissions even after reading FAQ !! , please can you help me to understand it well in order to set my forums permissions ?

What's Revoke and Inherit ?!

Thank you very much in advance.

Everyone's primary user group should be Registered. Give the Registered user group all the basic permissions you want them to have. Then for staff members, like administrators, make their respective user group a secondary user group and explicitly set things they can do, like bypassing user privacy, that normal members can't to allow.

Everyone's primary user group should be Registered. Give the Registered user group all the basic permissions you want them to have. Then for staff members, like administrators, make their respective user group a secondary user group and explicitly set things they can do, like bypassing user privacy, that normal members can't to allow.

Thank you for your help :)

I read the first link but I didn't understand what's meaning of Revoke!

When you "Revoke" a permission, you revoke, remove, deny that permission to a user. For example, for registered users you Allow them to post new threads, but you have an announcements forum you want only administrators to post to, you edit the node permissions for the Registered group and Revoke the "Post new threads" permission, and explicitly allow it on the administrator user group.

Inherit means that you haven't set the permission (Not Set (No)), and it will use the values provided by other user groups or node permissions.

When you "Revoke" a permission, you revoke, remove, deny that permission to a user. For example, for registered users you Allow them to post new threads, but you have an announcements forum you want only administrators to post to, you edit the node permissions for the Registered group and Revoke the "Post new threads" permission, and explicitly allow it on the administrator user group.

Inherit means that you haven't set the permission (Not Set (No)), and it will use the values provided by other user groups or node permissions.

Got it, Thank you very much. :)

Top Bottom