XF 1.5 Permissions System

Phaze

Hello guys,
So as i never really used xF extensively (Have some xF experience due to nulled scripts on my localhost and whatever to test out) i never really got the permissions system down.

How do you properly configure the perms system?
At the moment i have User Group Permissions setup and then i also have forum perms setup in the node perms.

I really don't get how to properly configure the permissions because there's so many permission sets... it's quite confusing lol, Any help is greatly appreciated. Would love to make permission setup easy on myself and get things setup exactly the way i want it without any issues.

IPB's permissions are much easier to work with then they are on xF i have found, Always found this to be the case but would love to find out how to work with xF's permission settings :)

Thanks
- Phaze

Update:
Ok, So i got the user groups configured just the way i like it, However if i set a node to "Inherit" it doesn't inherit the permissions from the user group.

Do i have to reconfigure the forums themselves in order for them to get the same permissions?

You shouldn't need to touch the node permissions as they inherit by default, with some exceptions, of course, such as if you wanted to do private nodes. Ensure your user groups and user group permissions are configured correctly. Everyone's primary user group should be Registered.

You shouldn't need to touch the node permissions as they inherit by default, with some exceptions, of course, such as if you wanted to do private nodes. Ensure your user groups and user group permissions are configured correctly. Everyone's primary user group should be Registered.

Okay,
So, Here's how it's setup currently.

I have configured perms on the Registered group, Then set the administrator / moderator permissions (all perms for these 2 groups inherit by default with the exception of the override perms for these groups for the staff perms, obviously).

Then, The forum category perms i have setup exactly the same way, Then the node perms are all inheriting there perms (with the exception of the few nodes that need override perms due to the nature of those sections).
So the perms are set, Everything is working correctly.

But i did that correctly? Lol

Top Bottom