XF 1.3 Permissions Question

Is it possible to allow a user to be part of the registered members group but also have access to their own forum with thread creation rights but the other users to have only rights to view and reply to their created threads ?

I am trying to basically allow certain businesses access to their own forum section.

Is it possible to allow a user to be part of the registered members group but also have access to their own forum with thread creation rights but the other users to have only rights to view and reply to their created threads ?

I am trying to basically allow certain businesses access to their own forum section.

You can set individual user-based node permissions.

When your in the permissions view for a node (with the usergroup list), in the top right corner there is a text box. Type a username in there and click the 'set permissions' button.

You can now set specific permissions for that user :)

Liam

You can set individual user-based node permissions.

When your in the permissions view for a node (with the usergroup list), in the top right corner there is a text box. Type a username in there and click the 'set permissions' button.

You can now set specific permissions for that user :)

Liam

Wouldn't that mean I would have to setup separate permissions for every single forum user though, isn't there a blanket way to say x user can post a new thread here but nobody else can they can only read and reply ?

Wouldn't that mean I would have to setup separate permissions for every single forum user though, isn't there a blanket way to say x user can post a new thread here but nobody else can they can only read and reply ?

For that node, set the 'post new thread' permission for the main (registered) usergroup to revoke, and then set the post new thread user permission for that node to allow.

Then, all members of the registered group won't be able to post a new thread, except for the one user you set individual permissions for.

For that node, set the 'post new thread' permission for the main (registered) usergroup to revoke, and then set the post new thread user permission for that node to allow.

Then, all members of the registered group won't be able to post a new thread, except for the one user you set individual permissions for.

You are a God send thank you ! :)

I can see where I edit the user group permissions for a node where is the ones for the user specifically ?

View attachment 71764

(Admin CP - Users - User Permissions or use the Admin CP search at top right)

Not for nodes.

I can see where I edit the user group permissions for a node where is the ones for the user specifically ?

Go to the node permissions screen (go to Applications, Node List, and click the Permissions button), and then in the corner enter the username of a user.

Is there a way to only allow the thread starter to reply their own threads in a particular node, and not others? And disallow them from replying to threads posted by others.

I need to suggest that one... I really think that should be core functionality. I missed that one in my testing, now I'm going to have to figure something out quick, as I had this set up in vB, and I'm right in the middle of the final migration now! Damn.

Top Bottom