1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 permissions issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by xmlxp, Jan 30, 2012.

1. xmlxp

xmlxp Active Member

Registred users who belongs to Registred usergroup claim that they cant edit or delete thier posts

I checked Registered usergroup pemissions: edit and delete are allowed (Green)
    I checked the node permissions for Registered usergroup: edit and delete are allowed (Green)

I am totally confused

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You have Never set in another user group.

3. xmlxp

xmlxp Active Member

Hello Borgan

all other user groups are set to allow edit and delete for that node, exept the banned userg group which are not allowed

4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

What about the time limit?

Admin CP -> Users -> List User Groups -> [click the group] -> Time limit on editing/deleting own posts (minutes)

5. xmlxp

xmlxp Active Member

its set to un limited

could this issue caused by a browser caching? i havent asked those users to try another browser

6. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Then I agree with Brogan. There must be a "Never" permission somewhere in one of that user's groups. Check the group permissions, node permissions, and user permissions if you have set any.

edit - and it is important to reproduce the problem first. You can't fix a problem that you can't reproduce. Don't trust your users.

7. xmlxp

xmlxp Active Member

You got that right.

I tried one of the complaining members password and i was able to edit and delete. Definitely its the browsers caching system. Is thier any thing i can do from website or server side to solve members browsers caching system problem?