XF 1.2 Permissions Issue with editing personal conversations

cmeinck

I'm having an issue where a moderator is no longer able to edit his own personal conversations. He's part of a Super Moderator group where it explicitly grants these permissions. I've tested his permissions and it comes back as not being able to edit conversations. Using the analyze tool, it says he should have those capabilities?

Thoughts?

And you have Registered as everyone's primary user group, right? Does it have the ability to edit personal conversations?

I'm not sure about everyone. For example, my primary is administrative.

This particular user is set to Registered as Primary with Super Moderator as secondary. Registered 'should' have the ability to edit their own personal conversations. Using the 'test permissions', I don't see the edit button when testing a registered account.

See the manual with regards to testing permissions.

I checked it and it appears I'm testing ok. I've tested as this moderator and as a registered user. Each time, the ability to edit a conversation is missing.

Under analyze permissions, this user shows the following:

Screen Shot 2014-01-22 at 6.51.44 PM.webp

I'm not sure about everyone. For example, my primary is administrative.

This particular user is set to Registered as Primary with Super Moderator as secondary. Registered 'should' have the ability to edit their own personal conversations. Using the 'test permissions', I don't see the edit button when testing a registered account.

Your primary user group should be Registered, and Administrative should be your secondary user group. I learned that the hard way myself.

Top Bottom