XF 1.4 Permissions Help

Brent W

We just got done with an import and I am trying to get private forums situated. Here is what I have and it isn't working the way I thought it would:

Under User Group Permissions for Moderators I have everything set to Inherit. It receives all of its permissions from Registered user group.

For the moderators forum I have it set to Private Node and I have the moderators and administrators user group set to View for node.

If the user is just a member of the Moderator usergroup they can not see the forum. If they are a member of either Administrator or Moderator and Administrator they can see the forum.

An analyze for a user this happens to returns: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ohr9gkjptz56jcr/Screenshot 2014-10-30 08.46.32.png?dl=0

Any help would be appreciated.

The screenshot seems to indicate that the user in question is not a member of any user group which has the permission set for that node. They appear to be a member of the Registered group only.

The only permission being returned for the node is a Revoke, hence why the final value is no.

Are you sure the user in question is a member of the user group which has view permission?

It should look something like this, with the lower entry being the view permission applied to the Staff Member user group.

upload_2014-10-30_13-53-52.webp

Is this an import?

Uncheck/check a user group for the member and save, then check/uncheck it and save again.
That should rebuild the permissions as something doesn't look quite right.

Rebuilding the master data should resolve it for all users.

This is more than likely a legacy issue of the import issues related to the secondary user groups.

Top Bottom