XF 2.2 Permissions for Solutions in Question Threads

bryanb

Quick question on the "solutions" in the new Question threads. IN the manual it states: "Question threads are considered to be unsolved until one answer is selected as the solution. This can be done either by the thread author, if they have permission to do so, otherwise a solution may be selected by a forum moderator or administrator."

Screenshot 2020-11-21 171305.webp

As an Administrator, I have the permission to mark a thread "Solution" but I don't see the checkbox "Mark as Solution" in the thread. I have done this with some test accounts as well who have this permission. Alas - nada.

What am I missing?

I wish the instructions were a bit more intuitive, but I'm just not getting this right. For whatever reason a supermoderator can see the check marks and can edit them - but a super Administrator can't even see them. I am the owner of the board and am a super moderator as well as a super administrator, but I cannot see the check boxes as a super Administrator. Where are the permissions that I need to change in the Super Admin? Please let me know. Thanks!

Ahhh - never mind my last post - it may be a plugin conflict. I have just disabled all and the question threads seem to be functioning properly. I will report my findings here when I finish troubleshooting.

The first step when troubleshooting any issue is to rule out third party code by disabling all add-ons and testing in a completely default unedited style, with all custom JS (such as adverts) removed.

The first step when troubleshooting any issue is to rule out third party code by disabling all add-ons and testing in a completely default unedited style, with all custom JS (such as adverts) removed.
Yeah, yeah, I know - school boy error. It's a combination of a theme and a plugin - my bad.

Top Bottom