1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Permissions & Banners

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by overifist, Dec 2, 2015.

Tags:
  1. overifist

overifist Member

So permissions for us are a real pain right now because we have tons of groups and the other group's users dont have "member" set as primary.

When I set a user's primary group as member, and his secondary as Staff for example, how do I get ONLY the staff banner to show up and not member?

2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

matt vinyl likes this.
  3. overifist

overifist Member

This doesn't answer my question. :)

My member user group has a member badge.
    My staff user group has a staff badge.

If I set my staff user's primary user group to registered, and have the staff user group as secondary it will show two badges.

I want to show only 1 badge; the staff badge

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  4. Jeremy P

Jeremy P Well-Known Member

Some arrangement of these options in the Admin CP should do what you want:

[​IMG]

overifist likes this.
  5. overifist

overifist Member

That works. Thanks. But what if I want to show two staff user banners on one person? Community Manager and Application Manager.

6. Jeremy P

Jeremy P Well-Known Member

It's not possible to choose which banners to display. It's either the highest priority one or all of them.

You could use standard user titles for your registered members instead of banners. That way you could enable banner stacking and just turn on user title hiding.

7. overifist

overifist Member

I'm surprised an add on hasn't been made for this. Or is there?

Edit: Nevermind, I found one https://xenforo.com/community/resources/th-user-banner-groups.4216/

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015