XF 1.3 Permission? Cannot upload anything.

arsenik

Hi,

When trying to import a style in XF I end up with this :

Please enter a valid file name. The requested file could not be read.

I just upgraded XF from 1.3.2 to 1.3.3 and didn't set permissions.
In all cases I don't know really what to do.

Do I have to recursively set permissions in data and internal_data?

Ain't sure what to do.

ALSO, I get errors I don't get exactly where they come from...

ErrorException: Fatal Error: xc_fcntl_create: open(/tmp/.xcache.1754.87605.16.lock, O_RDWR|O_CREAT, 0666) failed: - Unknown:0

We had problems recently (data corruption) and had to restore a backup. We did not have this before.
I wonder how to fix these errors.

Cordially,
arsenik

It's possible the .xml you are trying to import is corrupt.
Have you tried importing another .xml?

The error seems to be related to some sort of temporary cache file.
Are they still occurring?

Yes, unfortunately it's not a XML correption. I tried importing a mod too and its XML, a mod we previously had installed successfully.
When using the "File on the server" input it works fine.
But with the uploaded file, upload doesn't go through and it does the same error "Please enter a valid file name. The requested file could not be read.".

As for the errors, weirdly, I did "Rebuild Master Data" and since then they're gone :)

The upload is a big issue though :(

Ok I'll need help on this, but at least I've got smtn ppl can answer me on. We just found it that it is probably the max upload file size.
Our host told us we can overwrite these values with a .htaccess, and add smtn in the .htaccess like

php_value upload_max_filesize 30M

As I do not know well how .htaccess are applied (is it recursive or not (actually if someone had a link that explains a bit how they work, a good synthesis, I'd like you to post that link :))),
I wonder.

If I put a .htaccess with just that line inside the data dir, will I need to add another under data/attachements or data/taigachat for example, or will it apply recursively to its subdirs?
And if (as under data, the default XF does not provide a .htaccess) I put a .htaccess under internal_data only containing the quoted line, will it work for all subdirs without making it
a security hole?

Thanks

Top Bottom