XF 1.5 Per-User Favorites/Likes

Steve Freides

A user asked me today if there was a way he could flag his personal favorite threads and posts somewhere inside our XF forum so that he could reference them in the future. The closest thing I can think of would be to handle this in his web browser, making a ForumName folder in his Favorites/Bookmarks, but that doesn't seem so good to me in this day and age where we are all on multiple devices. It would be nice if it lived with his profile on the forum.

Does such a feature exist? I couldn't find it if it does.

Thanks in advance.

-S-

They could use the watch thread functionality: https://xenforo.com/community/watched/threads/all

Of course that only works if they only watch those specific threads they consider favourites.

making a ForumName folder in his Favorites/Bookmarks, but that doesn't seem so good to me in this day and age where we are all on multiple devices

That works fine if you use Chrome and create a profile.
All of my bookmarks, settings, etc. are automatically available on any device I use once I sign in to Chrome.

They could use the watch thread functionality: https://xenforo.com/community/watched/threads/all

Of course that only works if they only watch those specific threads they consider favourites.
Therein lies the rub - they watch many threads but want to flag those posts they consider "nuggets", that contain something they want to refer back to. More like this is going to be by the post than by the thread.

So, no go on that.

That works fine if you use Chrome and create a profile.
All of my bookmarks, settings, etc. are automatically available on any device I use once I sign in to Chrome.

I've had issues w/ Chrome on my iOS devices - I gave it a good try, for a year or longer, but I run the Safari that came with my iOS devices now, and on my home PC and my home Mac, I use Chrome. So, again, not a solution.

Two questions: How do I make this an official enhancement request, and how do I find out what people might charge to make this custom modification? The company I work for has a regular third-part developer and I will ask him also, but I don't think building add-ons for XF is his speciality.

Thanks very much.

-S-

Two questions: How do I make this an official enhancement request, and how do I find out what people might charge to make this custom modification? The company I work for has a regular third-part developer and I will ask him also, but I don't think building add-ons for XF is his speciality.

Thanks very much.

-S-

You can post a topic at the Suggestion forum for an official enhancement request. And another one at the Request forum to hire someone to develop this for you.

Top Bottom