1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

people you follow only marked for conversations. How do Mods PM the user then?

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by Kane Hart, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Active Member

So just trying to solve a small issue on my forums. A few of our members have marked the whole only people can PM you if you follow them setting.

We don't mind I think it's a great idea. But sometimes these few people might need to be contacted if it's for a issue or maybe they had joined a forum contests etc.

Is there a way to allow moderators to override this feature?

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I believe it's a permission, but I cannot check right now.

3. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Active Member

I tried looking and maybe I'm derping up myself. I saw the one to add more people if someone declines to add more people. But yeah when you have time let me know if you spot anything.

4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It actually might just work as a staff thing and not a permission. I probably won't be able to look or test until tomorrow.

5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Bypass user privacy is the permission.

Jeremy likes this.
  6. Can somebody please explain the phrase "the whole only people can PM you if you follow them setting"?

Thanks

7. Ernest L. Defoe

Ernest L. Defoe Well-Known Member

It means only people that a member follows will be allowed to PM that member. So say you had that setting enabled and you weren't following me I couldn't PM you. If you were following me then I could.