Lack of interest People Viewing Sections/threads

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Sir nick

I don't know if we have this feature already or what, but on the board home on each of the sections it should have like - 9 Members viewing and same with threads.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
No, i believe it's called simplicity when it's not having it. Because a forum has X users viewing it doesn't mean it is active by any means, however the feature you said where it shows a user is replying to a thread or starting a new thread does imply activity and i think that is a better indicator of activity.

Thanks.. That would be the best way to go with it as it makes it alot more useful. Been a large number of times i was viewing a thread/forum and saw that a person was posting that i was interested in hearing from and so i waited to see what they had to say.

As for simplicity. I don't think many of those into paid forum systems use them for their simplicity. If it was all about that then i can think of a few free options who would be making a killing if that were so. Most i would say come for the added perks and thus features. I can think of a few better ways of doing several other things to make this system more simplistic starting with the main index page with the side bar that should be able to be hidden but there is threads for that already. I would rather have the whos online and the forum info stuff at the bottom and not side for starters. That is me though.. I like a clean looking Main index page that makes it very easy for users to find what they need more then anything. Clutter ( which the side bar add's ) is not it. I would rather my users see the latest topics and be focused on that first before seing who's online and the forum statistics... But i'll quit because as said there is already a thread for that i do believe.:) However with the online stuff being discussed in this thread i would rather that as well be at the bottom and not top.

I'm a HUGE fan of this feature and would love to see it implemented. It is one of the first things I look for when I log on to the various forums I frequent.

Yeah I like this feature too. It really makes your forums look active, and it's fun to know how active each of them are :)

Top Bottom