[PCN] Admin Notes

[PCN] Admin Notes 2.0.1

No permission to download
I think I've run into a bug with this.

I have 2 domains and a copy of Xenforo 1.4.2 installed on each. these are clean installs.

I went to install this mod on both domains - it installs fine on one and on the other it gives me a 500 internal server error.

I have made sure that the entire Xendoro directory is CHMOD'ed 0777.

the only other mods I have installed (on both, they are mirrors right now) is

Add-on Install & Upgrade
Install and Upgrade by Waindigo

I then installed:

Ban By Host Name

on both to make sure it wasn't just me and it installed fine

The only difference that I am aware of is that the one having the problem is a CentOS6, MySQL 5.5.21 and PhP 5.3.29 and the one it works on it just a web-space hosted site, I'm not sure but I believe it's on Windows, Php 5.5 and MySQL 5.5.

Any thoughts as to why I'd get a 500 internal error on this one modification, on this one server?

PHP 5.3 has reached end of life and this plugin, works for all versions of PHP 5.4+. If you'd want to use this plugin, please upgrade to PHP 5.4 or if that doesn't seem like an option to you, you can change the 5.4 array syntax back to 5.3 syntax and it will work just fine for you.

Thanks for the answer...though neither are good for me lol :)

The important thing is knowing - and that's half the battle.

@JordanH When i write a note with Turkish characters, it gives error when click save button.

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect string value: '\xC4\xB1m \xC5\x9F...' for column 'note_text' at row 1 -library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214

Stack Trace

#0 /home/maxicep/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/maxicep/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /home/maxicep/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(574): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `wg...', Array)
#3 /home/maxicep/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1624): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert('wgbb_notes', Array)
#4 /home/maxicep/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1613): XenForo_DataWriter->_insert()
#5 /home/maxicep/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1405): XenForo_DataWriter->_save()
#6 /home/maxicep/public_html/forum/library/WGBB/Notes/ControllerAdmin/Note.php(77): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#7 /home/maxicep/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): WGBB_Notes_ControllerAdmin_Note->actionSave()
#8 /home/maxicep/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#9 /home/maxicep/public_html/forum/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#10 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(49) "http://www.xyz.com/admin.php?notes/save"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["notes/save"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(5) {
["note"] => string(97) "Admin ler buraya bir takım şeyleri not edebilir ve diğer adminler de notları takip edebilir. "
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(26) "/admin.php?notes/add"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"

I'm having some trouble removing this on our beta site. I get the following error when trying to remove it:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /var/www/html/library/WGBB/Notes/Installer.php on line 17

It's causing us to get an error on the admin.php page. That error is:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /var/www/html/library/WGBB/Notes/Model/Note.php on line 76

I have tried re-installing it, which it allowed me to do but the same errors still occur.

I'm having some trouble removing this on our beta site. I get the following error when trying to remove it:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /var/www/html/library/WGBB/Notes/Installer.php on line 17

It's causing us to get an error on the admin.php page. That error is:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /var/www/html/library/WGBB/Notes/Model/Note.php on line 76

I have tried re-installing it, which it allowed me to do but the same errors still occur.
May I ask what version of XenForo you have?
Also the version of php you are using?

Version 1.1: - Notes now display under admin categories on acp homepage
This will seem silly, but coming from vB I really liked having my Adminstrator Notes toward the top of my AdminCP. It sort of functioned as a reminder-list, since I always saw it. It would be nice to have a check-box option to place the notes where they were in your v1.1 (as denoted above), if that's something that is easy for you to do in the future. Meanwhile, :cool: add-on that I will get a lot of mileage out of! (y)

any chance for html support? I don't like how it is now everything on 1 line, would like to do line breaks at the very least, or full html support so I can do my own formatting. xenforo has it built in, why not reference it from there?

any chance for html support? I don't like how it is now everything on 1 line, would like to do line breaks at the very least, or full html support so I can do my own formatting. xenforo has it built in, why not reference it from there?
We will see what we can do about this!

This will seem silly, but coming from vB I really liked having my Adminstrator Notes toward the top of my AdminCP. It sort of functioned as a reminder-list, since I always saw it. It would be nice to have a check-box option to place the notes where they were in your v1.1 (as denoted above), if that's something that is easy for you to do in the future. Meanwhile, :cool: add-on that I will get a lot of mileage out of!
Perhaps we can work something out with this as well. However, it is not on the top of our to-do list.
If you wish to use this, you are free to download the 1.1 version in our version history:
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/wgbb-admin-notes.1172/history

However, although it should work with no problems, I can't support the 1.1 version if it has any issues.

PS: and edit function would also be nice, like I tend to make a few spelling mistakes here and there, thanks to stupid spellchecker...

Top Bottom