paypal dispute and unorthorized transaction - anyone has experience?

Panupat

I'm a bit paranoid. I never have this kind of thing happening before and it happened a day right after I purchased Xenforo.

I have no idea who Patrick is, nor Koram games. Paypal called me saying they spot suspicious transaction. Saying they will investigate this and will refund my credit card if need to.

Anyone know what I should do and expect? The 4 transactions are already in dispute, I can click to resolve Patrick's incoming funds right now but I don't know if I should wait. Koram games, disputes say I need to wait for them to respond.

Attachments

• dispute.gif
    dispute.gif
    18.3 KB · Views: 49
PayPal should sort this out fairly quickly for you. In the meantime I'd recommend you give your system a good scan for any malware and change your PayPal password.

Looks like your account has been compromised. As above, contact your credit card provider and make them aware of the situation.

A quick Google on "Koram Games" turned up a couple other similar complaints. There's certainly something going on with that company, whoever they are. I'd say you best not resolve the transactions from Patrick until the whole matter has been thoroughly investigated. And do what Ingenious and Brogan said.

In the meantime I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

All I know is that PayPal disputes are a real pain and are unpredictable, I would actually call PayPal and not only ask for advice but let them know that you have also contacted your bank to report a fraudulent transaction. (also request an account password reset by phone also)

Best to get on top of it now rather than wait to see how PayPal handles it.

Thanks everyone. I changed my password and reset my questions. Scanned my computer with nod32 but nothing turns up.

$60 isn't a huge amount, but now my paypal account is restricted - I can't pay for anything at the moment.... Gawd, at least I had a little luck - I was able to pay for Xenforo.

Ive been screwed a few times with paypal and they always sided with the seller. (I buy ALOT of stuff from ebay) My conclusion from experience is that they please the guy that they make thousands of transactions from, then the guy that complains here in there. Classic case of Dont bite the hand that feeds you.

Ive been screwed a few times with paypal and they always sided with the seller. (I buy ALOT of stuff from ebay) My conclusion from experience is that they please the guy that they make thousands of transactions from, then the guy that complains here in there. Classic case of Dont bite the hand that feeds you.
Odd, majority of the time they side with the buyer.

Finally :ROFLMAO:

We've finished reviewing your unauthorised activity claim and you'll
receive a refund for the transaction amount. It may take up to five working
days for the funds to appear in your account.

------------------------------

Details of Disputed Transaction
-----------------------------------

Seller's Name: Koram Games Limited
Seller's Email: pay@koramgame.com

Top Bottom