1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Payment Button" in Posts and Resources Area

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Core Freedom, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Core Freedom

Core Freedom Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if the "buy now" button in the new Resources area comes with the add-on? If not, does anyone know how to add a Paypal "buy now" button to that area?

In general, how does one add a "buy now" button to any post (or resources page)? Someone mentioned that the Paypal html code needs to be converted to a CSS code. Does anyone know how to do this?

Alternatively I know I can upload a picture that says "buy now" and link it to the Paypal url, however, this may be too complicated for my members.

Any suggestion?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It's done automatically based on the resource type.

Core Freedom likes this.
  3. Core Freedom

Not sure I understand Brogen. Done "automatically," does that mean there are boxes to check and a Paypal url to link? But what about "buy now" or Paypal buttons in regular posts? How do I convert those codes into CSS?

4. Brogan

I'm not sure what you're asking.

If it is a paid resource, which the author can choose, the buttons are automatically created and added to the resource and the discussion thread.

Core Freedom likes this.
  5. Core Freedom

Okay, but where does the "buy now" button lead the buyer? To a paypal page or a shopping cart or does it link to their website where the product is located? I guess I'm trying to figure out the sequence of events for both the buyer and the seller.

I'm asking 2 things really. The other thing I wanted to ask is how to convert a regular paypal html "buy now" code into CSS. When I use the "code" function in a regular post (not a resources post), it does not accept the html code. And I can't figure out how to convert the html code into CSS.

6. Brogan

To wherever the author links it to.

Try creating a resource here and test it yourself.

Core Freedom likes this.
  7. Core Freedom

okay, that's for the resources add-on, I get it (I think). But what about regular posts? I can't figure out how to add "buy now" buttons.

8. Brogan

I'm not sure why you need to add a buy now button to posts but just use an image and link it to a URL in the normal manner.

paypal-buy-now-button.png

Core Freedom likes this.
  9. Core Freedom

Yes, I understand that it would work like that for me, but the members won't understand this. I need to figure out how to give them EASY instructions on how to add their paypal codes to their own posts. Hence why it would be easier to direct them to the "code" tab when creating a new post and have them enter their paypal code directly there (rather than adding a picture and then helping them figure out where to get their paypal links, it's just too complicated for them).

10. Korean Cowboy

Korean Cowboy Member

I'm trying to link the "Buy Now" button back to our Paypal email address...or should I link it back to another page?

My issue is that our Premium Members are unable to renew their memberships...we recently switched from vB to xF. I'm assuming by default, the URL link was:

http://timekeeperforum.com/payments.php

Whenever you click on that, it takes you to an Error page...