XF 1.5 Pasted WORD Document working but, causing 'internal error' if too long?

John71

Hi, This is an interesting problem. I have a user who writes reviews in Word and then posts them within forums. I've done some testing and I can paste the document and if i shorten it i don't get an error. However, if its too longer it says this in an alert window (Xenforo).

The following error occurred:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@cruise-addicts.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I first thought this might be related to the Word formatting, however it is posting when i shorten it. Any feedback or fixes would be appreciated. Not really sure how to configure things to allow for longer posts or be more friendly to this post.

The user says he posts this into a other forums (Vbulletin 3 and 4) without this error.

Last edited:
Without determining the error, it is difficult to provide a solution. An Internal error occurs in the server before XF finishes running. Your host should be able to help you determine what or where the error occurs.

It might be mod security. It doesn't like anything resembling script in the text editor (esp. a lot of it). Ask your host to check the logs next time it happens.

This is likely a timeout issue or memory issue.

Pasting word content into the rich text editor generate incredibly verbose bbcode which is quite expensive to parse & render.

I think you both are right. I am running into allot of mod security (whitelist) issues. I am going run some tests and have the host check the logs. I appreciate the great replies.

Top Bottom