XF 1.2 Password reset issues.

rainmotorsports

Having a couple of issues. Kinda think they might be server side. IE, Firefox, Chrome doesn't matter multiple users, computers etc.

When clicking the password reset okay it tells me right away that I must wait 180 seconds, only it does send the email. When clicking the link in the email it says "Your password could not be reset. Please try again." but at least half of the time the password reset email is sent with the new password. Sometimes instead of the error I get a connection reset.

The link appears to be valid and the usual issue of the board url should be fine as its http://www.tbgclan.com I thought maybe the htaccess redirects for vbseo might be an issue tested without that. Only other thing odd ball is we have a cookie set so that things work with and without the www (all this tested on www. But the cookie is set to .tbgclan.com and xf_ as the prefix.

Double checked and cookie settings no effect.

I did notice I had trouble with a mass mail to a user group of about 25 people earlier today is it possible the hang up is on the process of generating the mail etc?

Edit - Also disabled all plugins same behaviour. Going to try email via smtp instead.

Change of email settings from sending off the server to using smtp no change in issue.

Last edited:
Yeah but the link was generated seconds to minutes before hand. The problem is something else I removed the limit on password reset and instead of getting the 180 second message the page just doesn't load for generating the original reset.

Chrome will give me this "Error code: ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE"
Firefox says the connection was reset.

Once again the email is still generated clicking the link give the error it still sends a new password email which the password works. This isn't an expiration problem at all I am actively testing multiple accounts on my pc as well as teamviewer through others.

Seems like a server issue? Only part of the site I have trouble with is when sending email it seems, wether its mass mail or password resets, mail works, site is funny about it.

Just tested on a friends Xenforo site who is not on my hosting and no problems.

Last edited:
Alright close her out. After hours of testing it does seem to indeed be the host. I finally got a full backup loaded onto the other server and all tests on one server have the issue all tests on the other don't.

Top Bottom