Passing a URL in an email

tenants

Hi, I'm creating a mod that sends a user an email

Within this email, a url is sent:

PHP:
public function sendLoginKeyEmail(array $user, $key)
    {

$link = XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink('full:login', $key, array('key' => $key));
            $mailParams = array(
                'user' => $user,
                'subject' => "login_security_link",
                'boardTitle' => XenForo_Application::get('options')->boardTitle,
                'message' =>
                "Some one has tried to log in to your account from an ip address not associated to your Login Security \n".

"Sent from IP Address: \n".

"If this was you, you can log-in using this temporary link: \n".
                "<a href='".$link."'>".$link."</a>"

);

$mail = XenForo_Mail::create('contact', $mailParams, 0);

$mail->send(
                $user['email'], // $toEmail
                $user['username'], // $toName
                array(
                    'Sender' => XenForo_Application::get('options')->contactEmailAddress // $headers
                ),
                XenForo_Application::get('options')->contactEmailAddress,  // $fromEmail
                XenForo_Application::get('options')->boardTitle, // $fromName
                XenForo_Application::get('options')->contactEmailAddress // $returnPath
            );

The text is hard coded while I test it, they will be turned into phrases

The question I have is that I wondered if anyone has managed to pass a URL as a link within an email using a similar method to the above. Right now, I'm finding the email message comes out as:

If this was you, you can log-in using this temporary link:
<a href='http:// someforum.co.uk/login/?key=24ca533bd47350925f5a6bac48ed9054d8f6d01abf7979a84'>http:// someforum.co.uk/login/?key=24ca533bd47350925f5a6bac48ed9054d8f6d01abf7979a84</a>

It's not essential to have an active link, but it would be nice

Strange, if I use this:

PHP:
$mail = XenForo_Mail::create('MAIL_CONTAINER', $mailParams, 0);
this
PHP:
$mail = XenForo_Mail::create('contact', $mailParams, 0);
or this:
PHP:
$mail = XenForo_Mail::create('conversation_insert_messagetext', $mailParams, 0);

They all seem to get sent with the "contact" email template

I've seen that the conversation template passes urls (and that the contact email sent doesn't) so I was hoping to piggy back the conversation templates... but alas, using the above, all get sent as contact templates... (The following message has been sent from user1 <mail> via the contact form at xxx.)

Does anyone have experience with this?

I was being dumb, they do update and send the correct templates
... okay, now its just a matter of creating my own email template similar to the converstaion email templates (that seem to pass the url)...

and then sending it with the method above...

Top Bottom