1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Participated Threads

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by moman, Dec 20, 2011.

1. moman

moman Active Member

Is there a way for XF to search for threads in which a member has participated (i.e. search for all posts but display the results as threads)?

In vB the URL for this would be:

search.php?do=process&u={user_id}&starteronly=0&showposts=0&exactname=1

Of all the search options on my current forum, my users find this one the most useful, so I hope it's possible to get a URL for this kind of search in XF as well! If not, then it's coding time ;)

2. Reeve of Shinra

Reeve of Shinra Well-Known Member

3. moman

moman Active Member

Thanks for the reply. I know those exist, what I am looking for is a search that returns all of the threads I've posted in but not necessarily started, so it differs from the two above.

4. Reeve of Shinra

Reeve of Shinra Well-Known Member

5. moman

moman Active Member

Right but it shows multiple posts per thread - the idea here is to only see each thread once.

6. steel_curtain

steel_curtain Well-Known Member

Use advanced search.

search.png

7. moman

moman Active Member

I saw that it's possible via advanced search. Is there any way to convert that search to a URL? The ultimate goal is to add a link directly to the search results in the header, like I have on my current forum.

8. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

9. steel_curtain

steel_curtain Well-Known Member

10. moman

moman Active Member

Works! Now, as long as the username is url-encoded then this should work just fine if added to the header.