Parse error on initial installation "setup administrator"

SelfSufficientMe

Hi again :)

I'm getting this error when I enter my Admin details during initial install setup: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home3/homemums/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Authentication/Abstract.php on line 95

Looks a little nasty... any help appreciated

The error seems to indicate there's a missing closing brace in the code; if you haven't edited any of the files I would recommend uploading the XF package/files and trying again - as it may be that a file or two hasn't fully uploaded. (y)

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Ok, thanks Shaun. I've been having a few troubles last night and today both downloading XF and uploading via FTP to my server (missing files). How will I know when I eventually upload every file properly - I mean, my FTP client tells me all files uploaded successfully but it obviously isn't the case? I have never experienced so many bad uploads and downloads before - I am on a wireless connection but it is pretty stable so I don't get what's happening.

Anyway, I'll give the upload another go as you say.

Cheers, Mark :)

Ok, thanks Shaun. I've been having a few troubles last night and today both downloading XF and uploading via FTP to my server (missing files). How will I know when I eventually upload every file properly - I mean, my FTP client tells me all files uploaded successfully but it obviously isn't the case? I have never experienced so many bad uploads and downloads before - I am on a wireless connection but it is pretty stable so I don't get what's happening.

Anyway, I'll give the upload another go as you say.

Cheers, Mark :)

It may take a bit longer, but when I've had this happen before I've manually drilled down through each directory in the local FTP window and pushed small batches of files/directories over to the remote server until I've eventually worked my way back up the tree and uploaded them all.

Alternatively, if you have command line access to your server you could upload the entire XF ZIP package and then uncompress it on the server and move it into place that way.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

I followed your tutorial Jake it was invaluable to me and really well done!

I think is must be more "my connection" than the client - I don't know what's causing the corruption in my uploads but I'll keep going till I get a clean one done.

It may take a bit longer, but when I've had this happen before I've manually drilled down through each directory in the local FTP window and pushed small batches of files/directories over to the remote server until I've eventually worked my way back up the tree and uploaded them all.

Doing it in batches is a good idea - will try that if this last full upload doesn't work, cheers :)

Edit - I uploaded the full zip and unpacked it on my server - I now have a working XF install, thanks for the help guys :)

Top Bottom