• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[Paid work] Custom forum styles?

SchmitzIT

I've been meaning to write a few stylers and themers, but figured it might be just as good to throw the question out in the open so any interested parties can respond.

We might be willing to invest in a skin or theme customized for our site, but have no clue what prices stylers are asking. Feel free to either let me know here, or in PC.

Peter

Peter,

What all do you need? Do you need someone to design and code you a new theme or do you already have a website layout you need copied over? What you need will determine the price of the polished theme. Also the complexity of the style you want will also determine the finished price. For instance if you want the entire layout code rewritten, a designer would charge more for that than simply changing the colors and header of your community forum. Now, I have been designing styles since early 2006 and I have done more than a few each year since then. I am well versed in CSS and I used to run a skinning company called CompleteGFX (until all my works became pirated) where I sold over 14 custom made styles.

If you seriously in need of a new styles and have a low budget I can help you. Starting at $100 USD I can design you a custom header, footer, post icons (new post, old posts, link, locked forum), and a restyled "thread display" format. I am confident that I can deliver you a custom theme that exceeds your expectations and the quality of most free and paid styles offered on this forum. If you need a custom logo, I charge $55 USD for those aswell. The turn around time for a custom theme is approximately 5 working days or less. If you require more complex layout changes those can be acquired at a flat rate of $10 per major template edit (ie, custom nav bar, custom forum listing).

Please visit http://completegfx.deviantart.com/gallery/ for a short list of some of the custom graphics and layouts I have made. For a list of XenForo related products and customer websites, I can send these via PC/PM only.

Also with purchase of a custom style, I can give you FULLY layered PSD files for all the custom art created for your project.

Remember if you purchase a custom theme, XenForo may require you to update your XF theme code. I also will be able to offer you this service at a $15 USD upgrade rate. However, if the update is simple and doesn't require major code edits, I will do those for free.

If your interested I have allowed some clients to peer onto my desktop while I create themes. If you are interested, I can also let you watch me design the style and code it absolutely free. If you have any questions or concerns please let me know.

Cheers,
Andrew B.

Reactions: Ra
Hey Andrew
We started out from the skin xenPowa - because that looked very much like the color theme we wanted, and I could see how we could 'easily' adapt our icons etc. into it. After our first try we kind of gave up, because some of the pop up boxes didn't work color wise as we wanted too - and there was other little things, which didn't look right.

However, recently I uploaded the updated skin - and started over replacing icons, logo etc. - and it looks much better.

you can see it here: www.entropiaplanets.com/xf

The skin xenPowa Old is the one we had before - and here you can see the nav-icons too - which will be transfered to the new xenPowa skin (which is only called xenPowa).

Hey Andrew
We started out from the skin xenPowa - because that looked very much like the color theme we wanted, and I could see how we could 'easily' adapt our icons etc. into it. After our first try we kind of gave up, because some of the pop up boxes didn't work color wise as we wanted too - and there was other little things, which didn't look right.

However, recently I uploaded the updated skin - and started over replacing icons, logo etc. - and it looks much better.

The skin xenPowa Old is the one we had before - and here you can see the nav-icons too - which will be transfered to the new xenPowa skin (which is only called xenPowa).
I'd suggest if you like xenPowa, to contact John as he is the original designer, and will probably be available to do a custom style.

He is also one of the better known designers, and does quality work.

Hey Andrew

Looks good so far. If you need any help with that I would be happy to assist you. If you like, I would be willing to work with you on a price that is acceptable for you guys. If you send me a PC/PM I would be willing to create a theme around your budget. If you are not happy with what I make for you, you don't have to pay a dime. I guarantee that you will be satisfied with the work for a custom theme, plus I will let you name the price you want to pay. You can't beat that.

I'd suggest if you like xenPowa, to contact John as he is the original designer, and will probably be available to do a custom style.

He is also one of the better known designers, and does quality work.

John is an excellent designer. However I doubt he will create custom themes for the prices I have advertised. Also do note that he is not the only designer around. ;) I was designing for vBulletin as "top designer for free themes" with CGFX winning BOTM several times over way before XF came around.

Cheers,
Andrew

@Forsaken
This morning we agreed on keeping the xenPowa skin for now and Peter is contacting John about it. We do like it - what made us 'give up' was the things, which wasn't fixed yet - but last vu seemed to have done the trick :)

@Andrew
Thank you for your offer, Andrew :) A very nice one indeed. As you see, we decided to keep the skin now, because we actually do like what we did with it so far - however, we will have to implement a lot of things into it (which we have on our 'old' forum now www.entropiaplanets.com) - some already on their way - others not (like a xenGallery). I do have one huge wish for our new forum though - and that is another kind of landing page. I am not sure how the FP could look like other than the one we have - or how to implement it into the skin ... perhaps, if you know that, it might be something we can work together on? It should still be 'fitting' into our design and colors of course. But I would love if the news where more outstanding - and perhaps if new posts where shown better, new blogs etc.

Dunno, really ...

Top Bottom