Paid subscriptions: what do you offer?

jgas

Hi,
some of my registered users asked me to activate the paid subscription offer.

DO you use it in your form? How much do you charge them per month/year?
What do you offer them?

Thanks for your help ;)

Never offered one myself - the only way it works is if you've got a long-term established hihly loyal community. Nobody is going to pay money to the forum own just for the sake of it.

Generally people only do it for status, and if you aren't careful can create a lot of friction with a bunch of members thinking they are superior, in a similar way to how people with high postcounts look down on those with low postcounts.

Hi,
some of my registered users asked me to activate the paid subscription offer.

DO you use it in your form? How much do you charge them per month/year?
What do you offer them?

Thanks for your help ;)

I have one setup, but I won't enable it until I get a large number of active members that want to support the forum.

The best thing to offer would be a place they can go and let off some steam - a hidden area, away from guests. As it is a away from guests/normal members, laxer rules could be in play (I know some forums that allow NSFW content in premium sections).

Charge what YOU would be willing to pay to a forum to get what you're offering - if you find it reasonable, others will as well.

Liam

I offer (monthly) upgrades that give users colored names. On top of a colored name, they also get custom user titles, larger PM box, access to hidden sections, and the ability to change their username.

Top Bottom