Add-on Paid request: addon to show EXIF information of attachments in an image overlay

Amin Sabet

My sites are photography forums, eg mu-43.com and nikoncafe.com

I'd like a XF1.x addon which shows specific EXIF information for forum image attachments in a small overlay over the image like this blue bar overlay:

exif.webp

Only I'd want the overlay to be gray rather than blue and located at the bottom of the image instead of the top. It should be an overlay only and not modify the attachment file itself in any way.

Also, I'd only want to show the camera model, focal length, shutter speed, and ISO; so for the example above it would read "Canon EOS-1D X | 70mm F2.8 1/80 ISO4000" and omit the rest of the information shown.

I'd also need it to have usergroup permissions so that one usergroup could opt out of seeing the overlay.

Please let me know your terms if you have any interest in doing this project for me. I am not looking for exclusive rights to the addon.

Last edited:
Here is an example of how another forum does it. I like their minimalist approach to showing only the core information, all on one line (camera model ILCE-9, lens E 28-75 F2.8-2.8, focal length 56mm, aperture f/2.8, shutter speed 1/125s, ISO 5000, exposure comp +0.3 EV):

exif.webp

I think just gallery attachments. I was always under the impression EXIF data is stripped for normal attachments, there’s probably a way to disable that though.

I need this too. It seems that the hack in the IM file does not work with XF 2.2.13.

Is someone interested to write a code for this? I would pay for this, if the price is reasonable.

Top Bottom