Add-on [PAID] 'Post As Staff' toggle

Rutger

PC/PM me if interested (or/and add a reply in this thread)

----------------------------------------------------------

I would like to be able to differentiate between Staff/Moderator posts and then everyone else and I would like to be able to do this with a toggle when creating the post (see attached images). In the attached images you see the toggle option and the end result. If the post is from a Moderator it has a purple background, if the post is from a Staff it has a different border and background. Remember, this is on a per-post basis. The Staff/Mod doesn't need special fancy images/highlights for every single one of his posts, just the ones he wants to highlight as “official”.

I suppose the best, and easiest way, to make this dynamic could be to use the extra.css file so that you can input changes on the fly; whether it be border color, specify a background image, text color, font size, type, whatever. Then when the Staff/Mod posts a flag is injected into the database for that post and is considered “on” for that one specific post only. That “flag” is checked when forum posts are displayed in a thread and if the flag is there it activates the CSS adjustments.

I know the above request is possible as there was a user on the Vanilla site who was looking in to doing this as a collaborative effort if I went with Vanilla. As you can see, I did not.

Now, a nice add on to this (assuming it is even possible) would be the ability to search Staff/Mod posts in threads (like a new option in the "Thread Tool" dropdown menu of a thread for XF 1.4 (as per the video that was released on the new upcoming XF version).

Mod Edit Toggle.webp Mod Edit.webp Staff Edit.webp

I have a similar add-on, 'Identify official posts'.

It doesn't do this, but it might be ok?

@Liam W: Yeah. Your add-on is similar, but not the one we really want to see created. Are you perhaps interested in creating it?

Last edited:
Nobody interested?

Are you looking for something similar to blizzard entertainments blue text for staff on forums? I think I see what you are getting at but without a bit more complexity (like a staff image behind the logo) I can't see why you can't just use the color code or format your text.

Are you looking for something similar to blizzard entertainments blue text for staff on forums? I think I see what you are getting at but without a bit more complexity (like a staff image behind the logo) I can't see why you can't just use the color code or format your text.
Can you show me an example? I think all their posts are with that blue text and staff image, whereas I want to have it with a toggle.

I don't want to use the Color BBCode because I want to have the post itself to have the purple or golden background color around it with purple or golden text using the toggle, so it's easy to spot when people browse the thread.

Example of a regular post:
Normal reply.webp

Sorry my work computer doesn't allow me to access blizzard entertainment forums. Google "Blizzard Entertainment Forum" & click ANY of their forums. The users with the word "blizz" next to them are staff. Their thread color is automated however.

The reason I was asking about yours is you want a button to automatically change the color. In theory what you are asking for is in fact the color button in the editor. You just want a clearly defined button that appears to staff instead. This saves staff 1 click. I figure if you are going to do that, might as well save them 2 clicks & simply edit the users groups default text color in CSS instead. It would save you a lot more time & money while being a bit more practical.

The reason I was asking about yours is you want a button to automatically change the color. In theory what you are asking for is in fact the color button in the editor. You just want a clearly defined button that appears to staff instead. This saves staff 1 click. I figure if you are going to do that, might as well save them 2 clicks & simply edit the users groups default text color in CSS instead. It would save you a lot more time & money while being a bit more practical.
But I don't want to change the default text color or anything, that's why I want a toggle (I want Staff/Mods to be able to post stuff when they're not working, so just posting as them). You click the toggle and it will change the post color (background, text color, etc). This shouldn't be too hard, because @Liam W already managed to get something similar done with his 'Identify official posts' add-on. The only difference between that add-on and the one I would like to see created, is that the CSS code for the post/message gets changed when you tick the toggle.

Top Bottom